Another pretty standard week; more controversy over FOBTs, students being targetted as they have their loans and most damaging an ex-member of staff saying he was asked to ‘throw his ethics out of the window’.
- Australia makes bookies pay their taxes and reduce harm
- Freebets and other potentially harmful promotions to be banned in Australia
- Students hooked on gambling
- I was told to throw ethics out of the window at online bookies
- Treasury comes to its senses over fixed odds betting terminals
- Fixed odds betting terminals; is it going to be a £20 maximum stakes
- Bookmakers: Advert lies continue rule Advertising Standards Authority
- Bookmaker affiliates scrape the ethical barrel to earn commission
- DCMS must do the right thing & not protect bookies profits
The following are all the links to the media coverage proving we’re not making it up.
ps: Does NOT include all the media coverage of violence and robberies in betting shops. From memory there’s been about 7-8 incidents this week, so even higher than normal.