Following last week’s huge improvement we’re about back to normal this week with a selection of issues around problem gambling, not paying out and product placement on TV when children are watching:
- Gambling industry still allowing problem gamblers to lose huge amounts
- Campaign to promote responsible gambling hailed ‘a success’ despite it being useless
- More poverty on its way including many teenagers
- Bookies promised to stop this after Bake-off fiasco; lied as usual
- Specialist bets: Be careful
- Gambling product placement on ‘family friendly’ TV
The following are all the links to the media coverage proving we’re not making it up.
ps: Does NOT include all the media coverage of violence and robberies in betting shops. From memory there’s been about 7-8 incidents this week, so back to regular levels.
Fair to say this is a controversial one, but it does highlight the vagaries of getting a specialist bet understood correctly by both sides.