Badbrokes

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
chew
Supporter

Badbrokes

Post by chew » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi new here but well thought looks what I need for maybe some clarification or a no you have done it right.im a fun bet man only betting smalls amounts across bets once a week approx

Outline:: I bet online and on approx 5th March put £43 on a 6 fold 5 fold and 4 fold divided between the 3 bets all were accepted
on the Tuesday 5 teams had been successful so on the 4 fold I had 5 green ticks on the 5 fold I had 5 green ticks and on the 6 fold 5 green ticks now on the Wednesday the last team won and subsequently had 6 ticks on the 3 bets with the message pinging up congrats you won (approx) £1500. £4200 £23750 added together came just short of £30000 straight into my Acc now I then pressed withdraw and I did £29000 because it’s better in my bank than online account leaving £500 in for my little bets
On the Thursday my account frozen and for 22 days I’ve emailed and phoned every day and I get pathetic account security are reviewing or anti money laundering are reviewing now I earn a average wage £43 can not be any way considered money laundering I’ve had time to read all about Ladbrokes the bet was legitimate no related contingency’s so I’ve done nothing wrong I’m not going through Ibas as they don’t adjudicate on payouts plus it’s a stalling tactic so last Thursday emailed a LBA and sent two LBA VIA POST with proof of receipt I’ve read all about legal entities that Ladbrokes try to say they didn’t get LBA so I think I’ve covered everything I need .
I’ve already got the county court claim ready and will cost me £1325 but that goes onto the debt I have gave Ladbrokes till 16:00 tomorrow to have my winnings in my account or I will submit the claim I have no problem doing this Ladbrokes have not gave me any indication there is anything wrong I think they are trying their hardest to find something.
Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated but I won’t be bullied or intimidated by Badbrokes

Thanks
Last edited by chew on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Badbrokes

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:36 am

Hi Chew,

Thank you for your post.

What follows is purely based on your post and nothing else. I don't have Ladbrokes' side of the story.

1. I would not submit a court claim at this point. As a generality, let's imagine that Ladbrokes do go to court (very unlikely) the judge may look on your haste to submit a claims as being a waste of court time, because you didn't explore all the other options first of all.
2. Assuming you've done nothing wrong as you say, disappointingly I have to say this type of behaviour is common in bookmaking circles these days despite the Gambling Commission and the Competition and Markets Authority telling the bookmakers not to do it.
3. I've attached our advisory leaflet and I think you should email or write to the Ladbrokes CEO immediately.
4. I'm confused by what you've stated about IBAS. My assumption is they would take your case. Please let me know if they tell you differently.

I hope this helps, but do ask any questions you wish.

CEO (address - see Google, email see ceoemail.com).

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 1 time

chew
Supporter

Post by chew » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:03 am

Hi thanks for your reply and much appreciated

I thought the court action is warranted because everything done other than court action takes time giving these bookmakers room for excuses and to hold on to customer winnings for long period of times and if I pay to take court action this is a sign that I won’t be bullied or harassed by them I thought I read something saying Ibas won’t take on pure withdrawal problem however I apologise For being mistaken however if I havnt done anything wrong which I havnt then adjudication is not what I need and anything over £10000 I believe the bookmakers don’t have to abide by the adjudication and can refuse to payout making me take court action
I have included the ceo in emails however let’s face it he has better things to do I have sent a LBA which technically I don’t come into the pre action protocols as I’m a individual.
It’s not haste to want my winnings I’m a fun better and with not one correspondence from Ladbrokes stating what the problem is I believe I have exhausted my correspondence with them as all departments other than customer support are not customer facing.
Really appreciate your reply I will make one more attempt to speak to them at 15:00 today and then sit and digest
Really appreciate your input

Thanks

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:35 am

Hi Chew,

No worries. Everything has to be your choice and what you're comfortable with.

The 'problem' is not your choices, the problem is a crap system setup by and supported by the Gambling Commission. Please don't get me on about that though! Blood pressure and all that.

JJ

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:36 am

Forgot to say you can post freely now with no delays. Do keep us up to date on what happens.

Thanks.

JJ

chew
Supporter

Post by chew » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 am

Thank you very much
And yes updates when I get any

Keep up the Stirling work and forum

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin