These 10 punter reviews of bookmakers have been taken from various sources (all acknowledged). How well do you know the bookmaking market? There is a clue in every review as to the identity of each bookmaker. Some clues are much better than others.
Which bookmakers are these?
- “Lost best odds quite quickly, followed by limited bets. Don’t use them anymore wouldn’t let me put more than 50p bets on, I then got email saying I could place bets on the exchange only.” Source: Tipstersreview
- “Exactly the same bookmaker as 32Red. All bets above £10 in limbo while they decide what to do with your money. Wait till you log out and refund/void the bet. COWBOYS. Slogan should read ‘By losers for losers’, for the winners will be shunned and punished by ****** greed! Source: Oddsmatcher
- “This is my all time favourite bookie. Great odds better than exchanges sometimes, fast payout, fast support through emails, although they don’t offer live chat which I think is the drawback about them. One can really win a big amount here.” Source: Top100bookmakers
- “********* are a declining bookmaker, very poor website, confusing layout and overall poor odds. Little in the way of promotions and dabbling in sports exchange. There are better bookmakers both online and in shops. Stay clear.” Source: Top100bookmakers
- “I opened an account with **** ***** and got a bit lucky and won about 4 bets on the trot accumulating about 350 pounds on my fifth bet, they restricted my wager by half I contacted them and they said I was unprofitable for their business, so I’ve left it about 6 to 8 months and tried to make another bet of just 30 pounds but they restricted the bet to 5 pounds my highest bet
I had there was only 50 pounds anyway but I’m restricted still. It’s a shame really they have good odds. Source: Top100bookmakers
- “Probably the worst bookmaker I have come across. Their customer service is appalling, they never respond to complaints or negative e-mails, very selective to what they respond to. They are based in South Africa and can get away with a lot of activity that would be frowned at in the UK.” Source: Top100bookmakers
- “I’d love to be able to restrict that Rich Ricci bloke to £1 bets like his firm do within days. There’s a video on Youtube where someone was restricted within a couple of hours.”
- “Nicknamed Spoilsports for a good reason their only customer skill is limiting the stakes to under a fiver!” Source: Tipstersreviews
- “I have had a lot of problems with *****, website not working properly, free bets not credited, probably the WORST customer service I have ever come across, staff that were blatantly rude, odds quoted not honoured, not trustworthy, avoid. A blight on the high street, trouble getting bets paid out, staff totally oblivious to promotions even when they are standing right underneath signs advertising the fact, can collect different amounts for identical bets from different shops, extremely poor odds in store.” Source: Top100bookmakers
- “Signed up and placed 2 bets. First bet won, then ******** e-mailed to say I was limited to SP for further bets. Really not sure how they get any new customers as I know I’m not the only one this has happened to.” Source: Top100bookmakers
Answer options; only use each option once: Racebets, Stan James, Betway, Betbright, Betfair Sportsbook, Boylesports, Coral, Unibet, Pinnacle, Ladbrokes.
Please do not cheat. The answers are on this link: Bookmaker answers.