MoPlay RIP

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
spliffhead
Supporter

MoPlay RIP

Post by spliffhead » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 am

Almost certain that you will not get your withdrawal from this company, the website is flashing up a box claiming technical difficulties when trying to withdraw, no response on email from customer service. Licence suspended by the UKGC and from what is said, it seems should never have been granted in the first instance. Regulators not doing their job in protecting the consumer yet again

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: MoPlay RIP

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks for this.

I've put a tweet on our Twitter feed to try and find out more. I'll post here if I get anything useful back.

JJ

spliffhead
Supporter

Post by spliffhead » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 am

Had a reply on email:
Hi M,

We are very sorry about the service interruption at MoPlay. Currently, we can not process deposits, withdrawals, registrations or new bets.

We are anxious to put all these matters right as soon as possible and request that you give us time to do so.

We will update you as soon as we can.

Team MoPlay

I feel for the customer service staff, not been told that they are unlikely to get paid this month and are out of a job

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:58 am

Many thanks for this update.

Really pleased you've got a reply, but I do remain concerned about the security of customer money.

Agreed re their staff.

JJ

Lives90
Supporter

Post by Lives90 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Been stung by this to the tune of ~£500.

Lesson learnt to not keep money in accounts with only basic fund protection I guess..

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:07 pm

I don't think it is 100% certain yet, but like I say I'm not hopeful.

JJ

spliffhead
Supporter

Post by spliffhead » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Had an email from MoPlay claiming they've gone into liquidation but database sold to betfred, who will honour cash balance, Betfred to get in contact within 72 hours. Gambling Commission don't seem to know anything about it, so all unconfirmed although there are articles that betfred won an auction for moplays business. Good old Fred Done (I say through gritted teeth) :D

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 am

Agreed!

spliffhead
Supporter

Post by spliffhead » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Oh, hearing Betfred are not honouring cash balances from MoPlay punters after all, if you previously had an account with betfred that they had already closed / restricted. They are directing those people back to the liquidators.
Is that legal?
Purchasing the players database, one would assume under the proviso that they honour the balances, and then singling out those they don't want to honour because they don't feel they can profit from those people?

I take back my earlier comment, looks like Done's being a total pr*ck again

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:08 am

This needs testing. Personally I don't think it's legal, but I'm no lawyer. My understanding is that when you buy a company or a particular asset of a company, in this case their customer base, you buy the good and the bad.

We have proven this in some cases we've won where a company has said the dispute/failing occurred when they didn't own a particular company, i.e. they've had to pay.

Whether any of the relevant regulators, e.g. the Competition and Markets Authority or the GC will be willing to sort this out I doubt. It's likely to need a group action.

JJ