Betfair

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
Cricketer13
Supporter

Betfair

Post by Cricketer13 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 pm

I was with betfair for year, probably 2004 if not 2005 and fine apart from their lousy live video and customer service

I closed my account with paddy power in 2010, they said I self excluded but I lost my patience with them and they closed by account

Didnt really care about PP anyway as their odds awful but betfair exchange is extremely favourable odds

then fast forward to dec 18 tey contact telling me being self excluded from PP wasnt an issue but they reviewed by betfair account and made the decision to match my paddy power exlcusion on my betfair account even though this was now 8 years after my PP account had been closed! They said we are not suggesting you have difficulties in controlling your gambling but we are obliged to err or side of caution...decision

I had bet with betfair for 14 years without any probs at all, I emailed them to see if they would change the decision and the above is what they said.. They did say I can dispute this complaint further through a 3rd party approved independent but would that be any good and who could I use?? It seems to me it was just bad luck on my account that someone happened to notice i was excluded from PP 8 years earlier. Is it worth me appealing?

thanks

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betfair

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 am

Hi,

This is a difficult one to answer without sight of your betting and financial transaction history. I need to err on the side of caution without this information.

I'm now assuming you DON'T have and never have had a gambling disorder. If your initial self exclusion was not done correctly, you have never self excluded as far as UK codes and conditions are concerned, so you do have a right to appeal, but PPBF can still choose who they trade with or not, so I see no point in using IBAS. Their suggestion of this is a red herring.

I re-emphasise if you DON'T have and never have had a gambling disorder and you wish to obtain best odds there are other exchanges for you to choose from, which is perhaps a better option?

If you're hinting that PPBF simply do not wish to trade with you, perhaps because you're a pretty good bettor, again they can do this under present UK law, so IBAS is no good to you either in this situation.

I apologise for being cautious, but like I say I'm in an impossible position, because I don't know anything about your betting history.

Regards,

JJ