Ladbrokes shop not to be trusted

This is your chance to discuss any aspect of gambling. You start the topic and encourage others to take part and develop the topic with you.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Dunn1
Supporter

Ladbrokes shop not to be trusted

Post by Dunn1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi All
This is a while ago now and I’m only putting this out in the hope it doesn’t happen to some other punter, I won a 50/1 bet on the Masters Golf in 2018, I’d placed it in a shop 24 miles from me and couldn’t get the money picked up till the following Friday, only to find out it had already been payed out on the Monday, ladbrokes have a one payment policy so basically once it’s payed out, you’ve no comeback, I still have the original bet slip, they tell me they must have given it back to whoever they paid the money to, they never produced the cctv to the police when it was requested and it was deleted after 6 months, even although there was an ongoing case involved, they paid out £1020 to whoever came in to the shop that Monday, my betslip should have paid out £1040 as there was a £20 non runner on the same slip, it absolutely amazes me that they can get off with this, I’ve not set foot over the door of there shop since and closed my online account, it just goes to show, your never guaranteed your money, when you should be, the punter gets the raw deal yet again

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Ladbrokes shop not to be trusted

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks for your post.

It does seem of great concern despite J4P not having Ladbrokes side of the story. I say that purely based on the following assuming it's true, "....they never produced the cctv to the police when it was requested and it was deleted after 6 months, even although there was an ongoing case involved."

I'm clearly not in position to verify this, but I have to say J4P has dealt with quite a few cases where CCTV has 'disappeared' when it would have been vital for the customer, but not vice-versa.

JJ

Dunn1
Supporter

Post by Dunn1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm

What I couldn’t get over was the lack of concern over how this had happened and clearly there was a problem with there system, customer services were awful, it was almost like they had made there minds up that I was trying to pull a fast one, fact of the matter is they weren’t interested, even the Constable felt they weren’t interested, they told me that the cctv hadn’t been requested by the Police when it clearly had been after he shared the email where they agreed to send on the cctv, you get sick and tired of phoning these people and getting nowhere, I was going through a tough time with a family illness and this is the sort of thing that can put someone over the edge, I’m glad I stayed mentally strong through it and never let it affect me, it’s not often the punter gets his day in the sun, then it gets taken away in a second, I actually feel like I’ve been robbed, I even said to them that this is obviously fraud and they should investigate this further, weren’t interested!! Very poor company to deal with

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:44 am

I'm really disappointed to read this, but nothing surprises me. After 4-5 years I've come to the conclusion, be it right or wrong, that staff at nearly all gambling companies are trained to be obstructional and difficult if a customer dares to complain or goes on to be involved in a full
dispute.

There is a mistrust of the customer and unlike most business sectors the customer is assumed guilty until proven otherwise. Sad thing to say, but I've dealt with so many cases now that I'm unable to conclude anything else.

Don't get me going about social responsibility and company claims of 'we've done nothing wrong'.

JJ

Dunn1
Supporter

Post by Dunn1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:05 pm

So what do you think the best thing to do would be, doubt very much I will get any pay out now, but maybe go to the papers with it?? Bad press would be a bit of Karma

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:56 am

Worth a shot.

JJ