Funds withheld

This is not a forum that contains discussion, it is simply advice on how to post or reply to posts if you are new to this type of correspondence.
AJ638
Supporter

Funds withheld

Post by AJ638 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi

I have an account with pwr.bet, played with them for a few months and from a £50 deposit had funds of around £1500 in my account. When requesting to withdraw the funds i was asked to provide verification which i understand is becoming standard now, so not a problem i provided everything they asked for a photo of myself holding a form of id and a handwritten note stating date and time. After a few days i was expecting to see the money in my account, i contacted pwr.bet to see what was going on and was told my funds had been withheld pending an investigation into my account. The end result being that they are claiming my account is linked to other customers due to the IP address, therefore breaching their T&C’s. They gave me my initial £50 deposit back but kept the rest of the money so around £1450. Obviously i challenged this but did not get anywhere with them so eventually raised a dispute with eCOGRA. after waiting months pwr.bet submitted so called evidence of 4 accounts with the same IP address stated, eCOGRA have upheld the decision in favour of pwr.bet.

Now, i do not collude with other bettors or even know anyone with a pwr.bet account even in the evidence pwr.bet provided all 4 accounts were registered in different locations. I am not an IT expert but from what i have read it is possible to copy someones IP address.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? And if so was there any way of resolving this? I know i have not done anything wrong so will continue to fight this but looks like my only option now is to take the operator to court.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Funds withheld

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 am

Thank you for your post.

There's only you who knows exactly what has gone on, so I'm making the assumption you're telling the truth. This is important as I would never advise somebody to take court action unless they are telling the truth. Would you stand up in court and testify? If yes, go ahead, if no, don't.

Based on what you've outlined and J4P's experience I think the only option left for you is a small claim unless you know somebody who is very IT literate. IP tracking is not a precise science, but it is an excellent way for gambling companies to 'after-time' when they don't want to pay, because it is difficult for the customer to prove they may be lying.

The only way you can get them to reveal the full details of what they claim is in a court process. A subject access request may help, but I suspect the crucial information required will be redacted.

I've attached our advisory leaflet that provides some good links to making a small claim.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 09-19.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 8 times

AJ638
Supporter

Post by AJ638 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Thanks for the info, i will definitely go down the small claims route

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:33 am

OK.

You can now post without delay in future.

JJ