BetRegal Stalling Withdrawals

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
basildonboy
Supporter

BetRegal Stalling Withdrawals

Post by basildonboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi all, im new here and can i firstly say i have read through various posts and what a great informative site this is, and how it has made me much more knowledgable than i was at the start on some of these sites.

Background on my issue:

First of all this scenario has been ongoing for over two weeks now.

After signing up to Bet Regal and making two deposits from (debit card ''A''), I then later had the card replaced by my bank (debit card ''B'') which I made further deposits from. BOTH cards are linked to the EXACT SAME bank account.

I have supplied Bet Regal with EVERYTHING they have requested, photos of my passport, utility bills, photos of both cards in question (Please note debit card ''A'' has been destroyed now as per banking requirements, but none the less I have sent a full photo of this card without even covering any number)

I have had countless phone calls/live chats explaining everything.

Randomly after a few back and forth Bet Regal processed 3 withdrawals, in which they sent me an email which contained the following:

(Dear Customer ,

Thank you for contacting us on Bet Regal. We are writing with regards to your current pending cash out request. We confirm we have now received documents and can proceed with your cashout request.

Cashout processing times differ according to your chosen method of deposit on the site. Please refer to our website Questions and Answers in the help section for information on how long it will take to receive the funds.

Unless you choose to change your depositing method, this should only be a single inconvenience.

We thank you again for taking the time to send us the documents and assure you of our optimum service at all times.)

Great, so all appeared ok and 3 withdrawals were processed.

I then later that week went to withdraw a larger withdrawal, I then begun to receive emails asking me for copy of my bank statements again, and card details (all of which had been provided previously hence the 3 processed withdrawals)

Even though I found this incredibly inconvenient, I have uploaded bank statements from my banks website which show EVERY deposit made via both debit cards ''A'' and ''B'' from the EXACT SAME bank account.

Now I am in limbo, I was told nobody could check as they were in meetings, and that it had been escalated to management.

Please note I have given them so much documentation on myself now, everything that was asked for/required yet my withdrawals are not being processed.

I am at wits ‘end now, this whole scenario is causing me an unknown amount of stress.

EVERYTHING has been provided, EVERYTHING can be easily cross cast and easily explainable and understandable yet i feel i am being victimised here when there really should be no dispute.

I have noticed they have now restricted my account too and I am unable to do anything on the website.

Today they are again asking for me to upload my bank statements which show the debit card number (last 4 digits) next to the transactions on the statement.

I bank with Barclays, barclays DO NOT put the debit card number anywhere on the statements, i've said this before but the bookie simply ignores it.

There was only two transactions and both are clear as day on the statement showing the bookie name, same figures that align with my deposits on their site.

But they keep ignoring and telling me it needs to show the last 4 digits of the card, which Barclays do not do!?

For the record debit card A didn't expire as such I just got notified by Barclays they were replacing it. The text Barclays sent me read ''We've found an issue with your debit card, as precaution, we're sending you a new one. Your existing card will work until your new card arrives''

My brother had the same thing and he's with Barclays too so something must have happened.

Anyways i made further deposits from the new card and they used the same bank statements to verify this and processed withdrawals. Hence i destroyed the old card as you are supposed to do.

Now they are just stalling me it seems

Any advice on what i can do? i have been as transparent as possible with them and given them every document possible yet im getting nowhere, what they are asking for now is impossible.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: BetRegal Stalling Withdrawals

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:21 am

Hi,

Thank you for your extensive and informative post.

What follows is based purely on your post and nothing else, e.g. I don't have Bet Regal's side of the story.

No consolation, but what you are experiencing is common these days. If you've done nothing wrong they will have to pay you, but you need to put everything on official pathways and be prepared for a fight.

We're not lawyers, which needs to be kept in mind, we're volunteers, but I think your best initial option is to make a complaint using 'Resolver'. You should send an email to their CEO at the same time stating you've done this, outlining your case and why staff have failed you. You'll find the email address here: ceoemail.com If you would like me to comment on your email before you send it; just ask.

You should also mention this: https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/n ... safer.aspx

Basically what the authorities are saying is that companies must not do what they're doing to you or action may follow. As this only came out during May 2019, but started as a consultation months and months ago I'm sure the Gambling Commission (info@gamblingcommission.gov.uk) would like to see your email content as sent to me here.

Your other option is to ignore 'Resolver' and just send an email/letter to their CEO, including outlining that your next step is to go to their ADR, which is IBAS. ADRs have been able to rule in cases like yours since November 2018.

I've also attached our advisory leaflet.

Anyway, I hope my comments and the leaflet help? If not, do come back to me with any further questions and please do keep me informed of what you decide to do.

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 09-19.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

basildonboy
Supporter

Post by basildonboy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 am

Thank you JJ, i appreciate the advice and guidance.

Yesterday they asked for copies of my bank statements again showing the last 4 digits of the card numbers next to transactions (Barclays do not display this on statements for security reasons along with most banks so it appears they are asking for impossible documents now, i even contacted Barclays who confirmed this can't be done and its not something they advise)

As one final try i have contacted my bank who are sending me a tailored letter informing i was the owner of debit card ''A'', i really shouldn't be having to do this as they have had a perfectly good photo of the card and bank statements showing all deposits from the same account which all align with the deposits in my BetRegal account.

IF they do not approve of this then i will head to the ''resolver'' route.

I cant find the CEO email anywhere :(, i know his name is Michael Mirtl from various google results but he doesn't appear to be on that website. If anyone knows of a way please let me know, or how to go about finding out etc.

I'm going to print off and read through your help leaflet, i genuienly appreciate your help in this matter as its one of those that becomes very worry-some and stressful.

I will keep you updated and once again sincerely thank you.

Kind regards

basildonboy
Supporter

Post by basildonboy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:29 pm

i was thinking of sending this as an email along with the documentation from my bank once it arrives, would this be OK to do or antagonise the situation even more? or anything else to add into this? Once again thankyou
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear sirs,

Having supplied BetRegal with documents for well over a month now, including passport, utility bills, numerous bank statements and copies of debit cards, this appears to be the final resort before I am forced to seek various other avenues which I would rather avoid for both parties.

Each time I am constantly asked for different documentation, even though everything has been provided and corresponds perfectly and has been explained.

The last document being asked for being my Barclays bank statements showing the last 4 digits of the card number (after consulting on various different forums and even contacting my bank this is something banks do not do for security purposes, so I am surprised this was even asked)
Please find enclosed a document from my bank ‘’Barclays Bank’’ highlighting the fact I was owner of card number ‘’A’’ as requested as per telephone conversation on Monday the 23rd September 2019 at 18:01, in which I was told would suffice to finally process my withdrawals.

I am aware of the latest legislation from the gambling commission, https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/n ... safer.aspx

Basically what the authorities are saying is that companies must not do what you are doing to me or action may follow. As this only came out during May 2019, but started as a consultation months and months ago I'm sure the Gambling Commission (info@gamblingcommission.gov.uk) would like to see my evidence to backup everything I have stated.

I hope this now draws matters to a close and you are amicably able to approve and process my withdrawals with immediate effect, if not I will have no alternative but to contact the ADR (IBAS) and explain how unfairly I have been treated.

Yours Sincerely,

Below is an outline of the whole scenario which I have documented over the past few weeks with backup:

(I will then insert everything I have placed in the opening post)

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:27 am

Hi,

You can post without approval from now on.

Thank you for your latest posts. Your email/letter is fine, please do send it.

I've been doing some digging and Betregal don't hold a licence in the UK. They have what's called a white licence sub-licensed to them by AG Communications (see: https://secure.gamblingcommission.gov.u ... tail/39483).

I'ts not expensive to send recorded delivery letters to Malta, so I would send a letter to BetRegal's CEO with a copy to the CEO of AG, even unnamed if you can't find the person's name for AG.

I hope this helps?

JJ

basildonboy
Supporter

Post by basildonboy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you JJ, my tailored letter from barclays should be here today so i will send that to BetRegal today along with what i posted above and hope.

''I've been doing some digging and Betregal don't hold a licence in the UK'' How is this likely to affect my case? sounds pretty bad :( , would i still be able to do a small court claim if it came to it?

If they reject or stall again after i send them the Barclays document then i will draft out the letters to the CEO of BetRegal and AG over the weekend and get them sent out monday.

*AG Comm, is what shows up on my bank statements for the deposits to BetRegal

Think i have found the CEO for AspireGlobal, which are what AG Communications trade as : https://mt.linkedin.com/in/tsachimaimon ... pdate-text

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:49 am

As they have a UK white licence it makes no difference to a court case. Hopefully not needed, but you can sue them in a UK court.

As far as I know Aspire Global are in the mix of a complex web, so a decent shout.

JJ

basildonboy
Supporter

Post by basildonboy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Just a quick update, i have received my letter from Barclays Bank stating that i was the owner of debit card number (A) and that it was linked to the same account as card (B) with accompanying account number, which they can clearly see from the bank statements i sent them.

I have forwarded the letter on and sent the email i said i was going to send along with it, so i will let you know, fingers crossed this closes matters.

If they come back with anything else stalling the withdrawal i will get the LBA letters done this week and sent out.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 am

Many thanks for the update. As you say 'fingers-crossed'.

basildonboy
Supporter

Post by basildonboy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Well i uploaded the document on the 2nd October and as of yet i have received no contact from BetRegal, so they are either taking their time or they are ignoring it.

I did open up a complaint in ''thePogg'' website regarding this whole matter on the 20th September as they are the ADR for the Apsire Global license under the Malta Gaming Authority license.

But i am yet to have any update on that either.

The fact these funds have been withheld from me to make matters worse my bank account has now gone into overdraft.

I did start a resolver case on the 3rd October, but again no reply to it.

I intend to fight this all the way, at the end of the day i require them funds as a necessity, have done zero wrongdoing and am furious that companies can get away with this sort of behaviour. I have absolutely no problem taking this all the way to court as i am furious i have been treated like this.

Would i have to do LBA or could i go straight to filing for a small claims court?

What would you recommend i do in this situation taking into account all of the above, do i wait longer for the resolver etc? or can i speed things on.

As always i thank you for any advice and making me feel not alone in this matter