account name and using a joint account

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
markerpen
Supporter

account name and using a joint account

Post by markerpen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:21 pm

If you have a joint account with your wife , can you open a betting account in your wifes name but use your own bank card ? So the account is in mrs markerpens and the back card has mr markerpen on it ?

I ask because Im having a dispute with a firm that arent paying on a winning bet. After one month of the dispute they have now closed the account claiming that the account name doesnt match the name on the bank card.

thanks

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: account name and using a joint account

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:59 am

Thank you for your post.

According to our inbox I can be very cynical here. For many gambling companies, if the account is losing this is fine, if it wins it's not. Please read into that what you like.

If they've accepted deposits from the card and allowed betting activity, which they clearly have what is the problem now? They will have known about the discrepancy from the first deposit and likely would have kept quiet if the account had lost?

I particularly remember one case like this and it took ages to sort, but the couple got their money eventually. If it's a joint account the sort code and the account number will be exactly the same on your card and on your wife's card, so in effective the cards are interchangeable. As an example I use my wife's card on a joint account regularly for shopping.

I'm assuming their terms and conditions may cover this issue and of course they'll be written in their favour, so IBAS or whoever may find for them? I doubt a court would? However, court should ALWAYS be your last resort.

I've attached our advisory leaflet which covers all your options.

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 09-19.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 1 time

markerpen
Supporter

Post by markerpen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Thank you.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 am

No worries. You can post immediately now.

JJ