Sp change for 8.45 windsor

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Wharrell07
Supporter

Sp change for 8.45 windsor

Post by Wharrell07 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:17 am

Morning can anyone shed any light on why there was a change made to the 8.45 at Windsor on Monday night 24th June.The winner assembled was originally returned as the 3-1 fav.However this was later returned as 3-1 2nd fav.Are the betting industry allowed to alter or manipulate the prices of horses.I placed a treble with betfred and was printed with a receipt where it proves assembled was indeed returned as the 1st placed fav as winn8ng the race.However when the cashier rang to get the bet clarified,the ruling from betfred was there was no so favourite in the race and was deemed as a non runner.Therefore costing me over £100.Once again the so called customer care line offer no assistance and you are left to accept their decisions.Any help appreciated

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Sp change for 8.45 windsor

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:39 am

According to the Racing Post:

Rule 4: Brute Force, Clarion Lady, Desert Lion and Hat Yai were withdrawn. Prices at times of withdrawal 50-1, 100-1, 10-11f & 8-1 respectively. Rule 4 applies to all bets - deduction 60p in the pound.

I assume this is your answer.

It is an interesting conumdrum though. I wonder what Betfred's T&Cs state about it?

JJ

Wharrell07
Supporter

Post by Wharrell07 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi thanks for the reply,my gripe is that originally ,assembled the winning horse was returned the 3-1 fav and the deductions applied,It was well over 20 minutes before it was then altered to the second fav

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 am

OK. I think it's unlikely to be malicious, just another one of many mistakes that can adversely affect punters. I wonder how many unnamed second fav backers threw their tickets away in shops and went home? We'll never know.

JJ