Betway

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Bobby
Supporter

Re: Betway

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 pm

...and response to LBC:
Hello Data Protection,

Thank you for your letter.

What I actually requested was: all data held on me by Ladbrokes Coral Group, not just Coral. I clarified this in an email on 9th August. I received some data relating to a Coral account, but nothing relating to Ladbrokes accounts. There is a Ladbrokes account user name xxxxxxxxxxxx. You might find accounts under xxxxxxxxxxxxhotmail.com or xxxxxxxxxxxxoutlook.com or xxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.

In addition, as far as I can see, the Coral data you supplied does not record the fact that the Coral account is limited, or how or why it is limited. I wonder what else has been omitted? You ask if I would be good enough to confirm what data I believe has been withheld. That’s not how it works; give me everything. How can you be unaware of how your databases are structured?

Your letter states “Whilst writing, we understand that you have also questioned what data we have shared with Iovation using cookies and we can confirm that we no longer use or share data with this company on either Ladbrokes or Coral sites.” What I have actually instructed you do is to supply me is all personal data you hold on me. I should not have to explicitly instruct you to include data harvested from Iovation. I don’t care what you use or share currently. What data do you store? Please also explain all codes used in this data.

I look forward to your response again.

xxxxxxx

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:34 am

Re Betfred, it doesn't surprise me, so please follow up with the ICO regarding their refusal to comply.

Re Ladbrokes/Coral it is even worse. "Whilst writing, we understand that you have also questioned what data we have shared with Iovation using cookies and we can confirm that we no longer use or share data with this company on either Ladbrokes or Coral sites."

I can confirm this statement is not accurate. The attached screen grab is from about 5-7 minutes ago, e.g. 16/11/2019 10:26. Iovation doesn't show up on the sports betting side when entering the website, but it is clearly untrue that they don't use it anymore. Which other web pages it appears on goodness knows. I would think the ICO would find it inappropriate practice to misinform a customer?

Keep fighting.

JJ
Attachments
Iovation Corla 16 11 19.jpg
Iovation Corla 16 11 19.jpg (601.51 KiB) Viewed 65 times

Bobby
Supporter

Post by Bobby » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Got a response from Betfred that includes:
No information will be provided to you in relation to the decision making around why your accounts are limited. This information is exempt under the right to be informed under the Management Forecast exemption. The reasoning behind the decision to limit your account is directly in relation to the how we conduct our business activity around management forecasting and planning and disclosing this information under the right to be informed would prejudice the conduct of the business.

• you do not use tracking software such as the Iovation product sometimes called iesnare (because you haven’t supplied this information)

I accept this was omitted from the disclosure made to you. A request has been submitted to the relevant department and a response will be forwarded to you as soon as possible.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for this.

The first bit is legally correct, but it shows how pathetic these companies are.

The second bit re Iovation, whilst we hold a significant amount of Iovation information now I would be very keen to see this in private using: info@justiceforpunters.org I will be able to tell you whether they've missed anything out, which I'm pretty certain they will.

It is your choice whether you wish to share anything on here.

Persistence is 'king', but it shouldn't have to be that way - well done.

JJ