Betway

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betway

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

I can categorically tell you that Coral don't like customers enquiring about their privacy processes and practices. Be interesting to see how far you get.

JJ

traynor
Supporter

Post by traynor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

I m glad it's not me that's noticed it
I won't post a link but the last time I looked they had close to 10k reviews with more added daily and their rating had gone from great to excellent in the past week

There are 2 reasons for this the first is they pay people to leave a review. They try and wriggle out of this by claiming people can leave bad reviews but who would do that when they want the free €5 bet?
You only have to look and it's obvious they are new members as they say I've only just joined but it seems great. How can you review a company in a few days? Betway are as bad by asking people for reviews when they have had an account for only a couple of days.

The second is they monitor the site for any bad reviews and lodge disputes to try and get them removed. The last firm that did what they are doing was Betbright. Look how that ended

I have contacted Trustpilot but they don't care they say companies are allowed to offer gratuities for reviews which to me makes the whole system rotten and totally useless

I'm no fan of Bet365 but can they really be rated bad while Betway are rated excellent?

It's a total embarrassment that trustpilot let them get away with it. They seem to saturate the site everyday with about 50 new 5* reviews normally only a line long.

9902 reviews now. They really are insulting peoples intelligence expecting us to believe this

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I've checked Trustpilot and it does seem strange that Betway has 9919 reviews, SkyBet 599 and Bet365 651. Betway does admit to offering incentives to post a review, which would seem to explain part of this.

What explains their rating score compared to the other two is not as easy to explain, except I assume that people incentivised to review aren't truly independent (see academic research references). Based on our inbox and those of other surveys completed by punters it would seem that the Trustpilot reviews do not balance, e.g. Bet365 regularly come top.

Whilst I can't confirm or deny the other observations in your post they have to be a worry.

JJ