Betway

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Bobby
Supporter

Re: Betway

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Well I replied today:
Data Protection Officer,

I am not satisfied with this response. My account was limited within 14 days of opening, but there is no data supplied to cover this fact or to provide an audit trail of the business logic behind the decision. In addition there is no mention of personally identifiable data that has been harvested from cookies or tools such as the Iovation product “iesnare”.

As well as rectifying these omissions, please provide me with the following information:
• the purposes of your processing;
• the categories of personal data concerned;
• the recipients or categories of recipient you disclose the personal data to;
• your retention period for storing the personal data or, where this is not possible, your criteria for determining how long you will store it;
• the existence of their right to request rectification, erasure or restriction or to object to such processing;
• the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO or another supervisory authority;
• information about the source of the data, where it was not obtained directly from the individual;
• the existence of automated decision-making (including profiling); and
• the safeguards you provide if you transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation.

You should be aware of your legal obligations regarding a subject access request under GDPR legislation, and I reserve the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if I am unhappy with the next response.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 am

Hi,

Dear

Thank you for partially completing my subject access request.

As you will be aware it is an offence under EU and UK privacy law not to fulfil a SAR correctly, so I'm now providing you with another chance.

I'm aware that Betway has used, possibly still uses Iovation and other similar products to track customer e-devices. The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has ruled that ISP addresses are personal information, therefore as Iovation collects this personal information I'm entitled to all the information Betway has gleaned from Iovation about me and my e-devices. I'm also aware that Iovation reports are generated very frequently and in some cases many times per day.

I look forward to receiving this information and how Betway has used it as part of their account analytics in my case.

Yours faithfully

I hope this helps?

JJ

Bobby
Supporter

Post by Bobby » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:38 pm

I'd already sent mine :).

Reply:
Dear Ms/Mr xxxxxxxx,
Thanks for sending us your request. We can confirm that we’ve started compiling the information.

You will receive feedback within the next 30 days and we’ll contact you should we require further information.
Kind regards,
The Betway Team
Here we go again!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 am

It's a bit like being at the fair watching your toddler come round again on the tea-cup ride. Try to keep smiling like parents do then.

JJ

Bobby
Supporter

Post by Bobby » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 am

I fired off another one today to Coral.

Got a PDF that refers explicitly to one user name at Coral / Ladbrokes.
Hello Ladbrokes / Coral Group

I have not requested “all information Coral holds on your account ‘xxxxxxxxx’.”

I have requested all information that you hold on me personally. You should be aware that this includes personally identifiable data that has been harvested from cookies or tools such as the Iovation product “iesnare”.

Regards,
xxxx

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am

Nice one, you'll be upsetting them.

They might come back and say they don't use 'iesnare', because it doesn't exist, i.e. they keep changing its name to try and hide it. I'm aware that it has existed as 'iesnare', Reputation Manager & simply Iovation, but to be fair there may have been (still are) other names? Who knows?

JJ

Bobby
Supporter

Post by Bobby » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:05 pm

I had also complained back to Betway that they hadn't complied with my original request for all data, and didn't just get another 30 days to reply to a request for the stuff they missed off. Reply:
Please see below the timeline of your Subject Access Requests.

• Original request date: 29th June 2019
• Acknowledgement email sent: 1st July 2019
• Request was completed and sent: 29th July 2019
• New request date: 1st August 2019
• Acknowledgement email sent: 1st August 2019
• Due Date: 1st September 2019

Please note that your original request for information was provided to you on 29th July 2019, therefore completing our process.
And actually when I look back at the website to request data from them, there is a "Select All" option to request everything listed; but of course that's not "everything", i.e. not cookie/tracking data that I'm awaiting now. So you can't request everything through that website, although it's a fun place to start.

Also the original data arrived with me one calendar month after the request; and now there's a "due date" one calendar month after the second request. So it looks like they are planning to take the maximum allowed each time.... :lol:

Bobby
Supporter

Post by Bobby » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Nice friendly message from Coral/Ladbrokes so we'll see what they come up with......
Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Support. I am writing to you about your recent request for your SAR details of your account.

I take this opportunity to advise you xxxxxxx, that we have forwarded your concern to our relevant team for further investigation. We will keep you posted once we receive any updates from them. Please take note of this case no: nnnnnnnnnn that will serve as your reference. The normal turnaround time is minimum of 72 hours, but we will aim to provide a feedback earlier than that.

Should you require any further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team on 0800 44 00 11 (7:00 - 00:00) or Live Chat, or you can visit our Help Centre 24/7.

Kind regards,
Samira
Coral Customer Support

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 am

OK. We'll see if it continues.

JJ