William Hill - Best Odds Guaranteed

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Hysteron
Supporter

William Hill - Best Odds Guaranteed

Post by Hysteron » Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Just found out today at a cost that the "Best Odds Guaranteed" offer from Willie Hill now only applies to bets placed on the day of the race, i.e after 00:01 on raceday.

I placed a bet the night before on a horse at 3/1 and it turns out not to be fancied, so drifts to 6/1 but wins anyway. My return for the £50 stake was £200 instead of the £350 I expected. The rules changed on 2nd of May so worth keeping in mind if your betting online with WH.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: William Hill - Best Odds Guaranteed

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue May 14, 2019 8:05 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your post and the information.

Appreciated.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 am

What i find so disgraceful about this is the covert and deceitful way these once respected firms go about changing there T&Cs. It would have been an easy task for WH to email all of there customers using bold type Re there intended change to bog terms. The majority of those advertising on odds checker have often changed there bog terms and its always hidden behind the green bog button. Everyone should now check this every time prior to thinking they are placing a bog bet at the terms they have been used to.

Likewise ATR and the RP who have these quick bet affiliations because they are also complicate in this deceitful behavior, and i say shame on them. Can you imagine the out-roar and consequences if any other business or company attempted similar tactics. Sadly until we punters start roaring as one then nothing will change.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 am

Just one word: Disgrace.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 am
Just one word: Disgrace.
Jim Would it be worth canvassing J4P members Re there willingness to participate in a planned e mail campaign. If just a few of us contacted Odds Checker for starters about a more overt display it would make no difference, but if 100 > of us did so simultaneously it just might rock the boat.?

Years ago when i first started using odds checker for a long time i had no idea that you need to place the cursor over each bookmakers green bog button just to discover the different T&Cs involved, and i suspect this was and the same for many with some not learning until they where paid out at less than they expected.!

Hysteron
Supporter

Post by Hysteron » Fri May 17, 2019 12:55 am

Hi Mick

When I thought I was short changed I opened a discussion online with a WH representative and specifically asked why as account holders we were not informed of the changes to their T&C's regarding Best Odds Guaranteed?

The reply is informative though I'm paraphrasing "Best Odds Guaranteed is a William Hill promotion that they reserve the right to change at any time of the choosing. As such there is no requirement to inform anyone".

Since you responded to me earlier and thanks for that, I've checked the green button on Oddschecker and was very surprised to see that Paddy Power also restrict BOG to bets placed after 08:00 on race day. That was news to me. Guess it means we really need to be more careful or somehow get the rules changed so that every account holder is informed directly when the Terms and Conditions are changed.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 am

Thanks for another post - you cna post immediately now.

I'm not certain what the WH rep told you is legally correct? What changing BOG does is change the contract between the company and the customer, so there has been a material change in the contract irrespective of what WH policy is.

I'm not a lawyer, so it could be that a change like this to a contract is deemed not significant enough to have to inform all customers? Does anybody know.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Hysteron the bottom line being its all about trust between Bookmaker and customer and what could be viewed as increasingly deceitful behaviors by the former undermines the trust and mutual respect which used to exist. Years ago we used to call them the old enemy and this was not meant as a derogatory description but imo current times most of them now need be viewed as The Enemy full stop.

PS did you also notice that PP have slipped in Max 50k payout at bog prices. Thousands of there customers probably do multiples every day with the hope of a life changing six fig win and i would imagine all that are able will place there super yankees etc at bog prices but how many know what now awaits should they succeed.?

Of course it is on us to read a bookmakers T&Cs prior to doing business with them , and what a task that has become, but once we become a customer i feel they should have a moral obligation to make sure we are overtly and well informed prior to any future changes they implement and these are becoming more frequent.