Ladbrokes won't pau

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
jobeenfitz
Supporter

Re: Ladbrokes won't pau

Post by jobeenfitz » Mon May 06, 2019 9:29 am

That's fair enough JJ. Wasn't havin a go just stating an opinion.

Some posts not posting until next day.

The delay in posts would in my opinion kill a lot of thread participation or lively debate.

I'm a newbie and don't expect to turn up and criticise and change site. I just think it could be beneficial if all posts had not to be approved, like other livelier sites. Posts can be deleted and posters can be banned for any inappropriate posts.

I'm happy to see a forum like this but wonder about the forums survival or relevancy.

I hope this is not seeing as an insult from a newbie, I'm not intending insult.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 am

Not seen as an insult at all. In fact, I think your observations are very valid and we have likely got the balance wrong, proven by the ad hoc discussions that goes on?

To be fair we didn't set out to create a 'rapid-fire' forum, just something where people could publish publicly disputes they were having, etc. Most people have turned out to want to do this in private though using our email services. We haven't had a chance to review what next for the forum properly.

The main issue is somebody or preferably some people to moderate a traditional type of forum (volunteers). We've had two offers and both people changed their mind when they realised how much time it could take! It's no small job if you are going to delete all the abuse and potentially libellous posts there might be. These are of little worry to people like Betfiar as they can afford lawyers and staff.

Any other thoughts are more than welcome.

Cheers,

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat May 11, 2019 5:56 am

Good morning Jimmy Re your above comments about this forum. I had often felt confused and disappointed Re the lack of forum activity. I wondered why should this be when it is such a pleasant and well run platform for us punters to share our bookmaker and betting experiences. Reading your above i owe you an apology because i had no idea that many posts are moderated prior to being shown and this would explain the positive environment we enjoy.

I can well understand your comment that lots of time is needed to ensure this and prevent a few idiots spoiling things for all. The only thought i had was to trial a period of allowing un - censored posting with the strict understanding that the forum will implement zero tolerance towards any who abuse this privilege.

I must confess that while i read the J4P twitter it remains a communication medium which i do not get and i much prefer interacting via this forum.I belong to another general racing forum (The UK Betting Forum) which has a two tier system called the outer and inner sanctums.The outer is available for all to read but once a new member starts posting there when he proves his trustworthiness then he can gain entry to the inner sanctum which is more private. This works well imo and something similar might also provide a solution here.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat May 11, 2019 8:44 am

Thank you Mick.

I'll have a word with the guy who gives us free techno help to see how we could do this. I know the software does it, but I don't know how to do it.

Regards,

JJ

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat May 11, 2019 8:51 am

One other thing that is an issue if you provide open access is keeping up with those posting adverts about literally anything, i.e. you have to spend part of every day deleting their adverts and blocking their account. They then open another account with a digit change in their email address and so the 'circus' goes on.

Like I say I'll ask.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat May 11, 2019 9:11 am

Jimmy if you wish i will also provide an introduction with the UK Betting Forum owners who will know all of the technical issues involved. You would find kindred spirits as they welcomed a J4P thread i started on there forum.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 am

Yes, please do. Thanks.

On a separate matter, I've just launched this on Twitter, it will last 48 hours:

"This is VITALLY important. Have you contacted the UK Information Commissioner's Office about a gambling issue, eg invasion of your privacy online, legal/illegal inc Iovation, or failure to erase your data after being stake restricted? Were you happy with the outcome/their service?

Yes, No, Not sure

Link: https://twitter.com/gondorffhenry/statu ... 2584945664

It's vital we get this going round Twitter & elsewhere asap. Please help. Thanks.

People who don't use Twitter can email me in private instead with comments if they wish at info@justiceforpunters.org

Very briefly, the ICO is refusing to do anything about GDPR breaches by bookies as they say there is not enough evidence and their helpline is dealing with everything adequately. J4P is not so sure about that.

JJ