BetVictor closed account and seized funds

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
JC92
Supporter

BetVictor closed account and seized funds

Post by JC92 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi, I've read through almost every thread here and just wanted to say great work and lots of advice!

My issue comes with BetVictor. I opened my account on 23rd April 2019 but didn't deposit until 26th April 2019. I deposited £750 and tried to place a £750 bet on a horse at 13/8. I was pretty tilted so this was just a chasing bet from losses earlier in the day on another site in which I'd reached my deposit limit. They offered me £300 max stake so I declined and went to blackjack. I won £250 and as I was playing they closed my account.

I then receive this email:

Dear XXX

In response to our recent enquiries regarding your BetVictor account, we would like to advise you that your account with us has been permanently closed following our investigation into your activities on our site.

BetVictor reserves the right to suspend or close your account at any time and for any reason, included but not limited to the circumstances set out in Sections 9 and 10 of the Terms and Conditions.

Following our decision:
• No activity shall be permitted (including deposits, withdrawals, betting or gaming)
• No bonuses or contingent winnings will be credited to your Account

BetVictor reserves the right to withhold the funds in your account from you where we suspect you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site, including where we suspect the account has been linked with Prohibited or Fraudulent Practises or Dishonest activity.

Should you wish to make a complaint regarding this decision please refer to our Complaints and Disputes procedure as set out in the Terms and Conditions.

Kind Regards,

Tracey

BetVictor

---

Tracey from live chat was extremely unhelpful and rude. Accused me of swearing at her because I said "wtf is this" when I was rightfully frustrated. She told me to complain through the official channel and told me this was in their T&Cs. I asked her if I would receive the £1k back she said she's answered this, so I told her no she hasn't to which she replies "Yes I HAVE, I told you to complain through the T&Cs", then she ends the chat. I speak to another live chat rep who tells me to email help@betvictor.com (or whatever it is). I've done that but had no response. I also raised a complaint through Resolver (on the suggestion of the BV website), to which BV replied that the email hadn't come from the email address registered to the account so they wouldn't answer.

The whole thing is farcical. I've never had an account with BV, I deposited with my own debit card and I have not done anything out of the ordinary. Searching on google for similar cases there seems to be many, but I couldn't find a single one where the OP follows it up with how the case ends. I rang IBAS who told me any case through them would take 3 months probably but reading other threads on here it appears they side with the bookies mostly anyway.

Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: BetVictor closed account and seized funds

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:11 am

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I've attached our advisory leaflet.

What follows is based purely on what you've outlined and nothing else, i.e. I don't have BV's side, so I'm assuming what you're claiming is 100% true.

First thing - BV can't steal your money. It doesn't matter what it says in their T&Cs, so don't believe that nonsense.

Resolver- many companies pull the email scam. Go back telling them that it is a scam and that under Gam Comm rules they have to comply with 'Resolver' and to get on with resolving the issue.

I would also write to their CEO immediately (email or letter). See our leaflet for advice on how to find contact details.

Eventually you may have to use IBAS, but their delays can be horrendous, however they do have to provide evidence to the customer now of how they make their decisions. In theory, you have a right to see everything BV claims about your account activity.

Your ultimate option is a small claim. Never do this lightly, but if you've done nothing wrong, they will pay you before it gets to court.

I hope this helps? If not, do come back to me.

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

JC92
Supporter

Post by JC92 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 am

Thank you, I've just replied through Resolver. I will update here when I hear anything. Appreciate your help.

JC92
Supporter

Post by JC92 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Went back through Resolver & emailed the CEO (though I doubt the latter has anything to do with the following), got a reply from them asking for 4 different lots of verification. I sent them off and have just received this:

Dear XXX

Thank you for your recent email.

We would like to inform you that we've actually cancelled your pre-authorization for the deposit you've initiated and we've never received any funds. You should see in the next couple of days(if not already visible) your initial transaction for £750 being made available back into your bank account.

Regarding your BetVictor Account remaining balance of £250.50 we've just initiated a withdrawal to the payment method you've used on your BetVictor Account. Please allow 3 to 6 working days for these funds to reach your bank account.

In response to our recent enquiries regarding your BetVictor account, we would like to advise you that your account with us has been permanently closed following our investigation into your activities on our site.

Should you wish to make a complaint regarding this decision please refer to our Complaints and Disputes procedure as set out in the Terms and Conditions.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

BetVictor

---

Thanks JJ!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 am

Excellent news. Well done.

I do wonder how many people just give in thus allowing what is, in effect, theft to occur.

1-0 to you.

JJ

JC92
Supporter

Post by JC92 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:19 am

Definitely. It's surprising that in 2019 Britain they're allowed to pull these kind of scams where there is no downside for them. Worst case scenario is they pay what they rightfully owe.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Correct. They can try as many times as they wish, because the regulator turns a 'blind-eye'. Shocking really.

JJ