Today's Ling 4.15

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
mick
Supporter

Today's Ling 4.15

Post by mick » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 am

Anyone who placed an EP bet on this race yesterday or early this morning might be interested in the following.........Entertaining Ben was announced as a n/r on the BHA site at 8.09am today , at 8.11am many of the Bookmakers on Odds Checker then reduced his price from 16/1 to 14/1 thereby gaining a 5p R4 deduction.

I would ask J4P is this legal to reduce a price 2mins after the horse is officially announced as a n/r in order to steal 5% of the winnings from any customer who has already backed what turns out to be the winner.The amounts may be small but the principle is not, and i wonder how often this happens unnoticed.?
Last edited by mick on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Today's Ling 4.15

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:13 am

Thank you for this.

I'm aware that the GC investigatory department is keen to hear about these matters, because companies were warned about 12 months ago to stop doing this. It is clearly in breech of licensing.

Please can you let them know on Monday and let me know what sort of response you get.

Thanks in anticipation.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:58 am

Jimmy i have just sent the e mail as you requested , live in hope of a constructive reply.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:05 am

Thank you. Please do let me know what happens. I've also informed the HBF as they have done a bit of work on this topic. I was categorically told that the GC did want to hear about things like this, so if you only get a 'fluffy' reply do let me know.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 am

Jimmy I have just received the below from the GC , which is not very helpful. When clicking on the "here" mentioned in there e mail all it takes you to is the Evans - Ladbrokes case Jan 2015.! What they should be doing is looking at Odds Checker now, because it would not take to long to glean that some Bookmakers appear to be gifted with Second Sight Re reducing a horses price 2 mins before its publicly announced as a N/r.

Thank you for your correspondence with the Gambling Commission with regard to Rule 4.

From your email I understand that you are unhappy about the way Rule 4 is applied and the impact it can have on the reduction of winnings. You have asked that we investigate your concerns.

I can confirm that we have recently looked in to the use of Rule 4 and published information on our website. You can find more information about here. We also have further information here, which includes tips for operators to ensure that they comply with our expectations when applying Rule 4.

Thank you for contacting us. I trust this information will be of use to you.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Just another cop-out I'm afraid. They make announcements and tell J4P they have concerns and are interested in various abuses, but I'm beginning to be convinced that 95% of it is PR.

Sadly, there is nowhere else to turn except to complain, but they investigate their own complaints until you get to level 3, which takes ages.

Thanks for your continued hard work and I'm sorry I can't be more positive. Any other industry wouldn't get away with it.

JJ