Labrokes high street?

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
Cricketer13
Supporter

Labrokes high street?

Post by Cricketer13 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:10 pm

A few years ago Ladbrokes told me I had self excluded which came as a shock to me as I had done no such thing
they said get back in touch in 6 months and they would reopen it, I did and they did no such thing and told me to get back in touch in a years time
I did that only to be told my account had been closed and would not be reopened. That left me confused but trying to get straight answers from them was nigh on impossible
My query was If I went into a Ladbrokes shop and placed a big bet on golf which won would they fact I am not allowed to bet with them online affect it? I called the GC who basically admitted they (bookies) would do anything they could to avoid paying out and would probably ask to see ID over such an amount and then who knows? The GC basically told me to try it and see, what wonderful advice

Does anyone know what amount winnings triggers an ID check and if I won money at ladbrokes, say £7000 they would pay without problem? I do all my betting online but sometimes,just sometimes Ladbrokes go attractive odds

They dont seem to have any worries when it comes to people shoveling money in FOBTs every day

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Labrokes high street?

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 pm

My advice would be the opposite to the GC's - don't do it as you might not get paid, therefore you can only lose or get a return of your stake when placing bets in-shop with Ladbrokes.

Re your specific question, "What amount of winnings triggers an ID check?" To be fair the figure could be anything. If companies don't wish to pay somebody they may 'trigger' ID checks for any level of winnings.

All what you don't want to hear, so apologies, but it is the truth.

JJ

Cricketer13
Supporter

Re: Labrokes high street?

Post by Cricketer13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks once again JJ