5 year limit?

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Cricketer13
Supporter

5 year limit?

Post by Cricketer13 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Can a firm hold your details like they are claiming? I am not bothered they have closed my account but to hold onto my bank statements and everything I have sent them for 5 years is a bit OTT
Attachments
Screenshot_20190328-085532_Gmail (1).jpg
Screenshot_20190328-085532_Gmail (1).jpg (397.63 KiB) Viewed 38 times

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: 5 year limit?

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 am

Thank you for your post.

The theme is very topical as J4P has just written to the Gambling Commission and the Information Commissioner's Office AGAIN for clarification on exactly this. In our experience not one person has ever had their personal details deleted by a gambling company irrespective of how long their account has been closed. If the account hasn't been used for under 5-years they quote 5-years; 5.5 years companies will quote 7-years and 7.5 years, 10 years etc. The companies are laughing at the regulators and they appear not to care.

Companies incorrectly quote various laws and regulations that don't actually apply to sports betting, but the regulators, as yet, appear to be turning a 'blind-eye'.

Interestingly, yet again, a reply from the regulators is taking time, which always suggests to me that the regulators don't know what they're doing (very unlikely) or they're struggling to come up with a reason to justify what the companies are doing.

JJ

Cricketer13
Supporter

Re: 5 year limit?

Post by Cricketer13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm

ok, thanks