Betfair Minimum Bet Guarantee - restricted again

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betfair Minimum Bet Guarantee - restricted again

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am

Thank you for your post; interesting. I've not heard of this before with BetUK, but it doesn't surprise me. Have you asked them to provide a reason/s for their decision?

MBL-Enthusiast
Supporter

Post by MBL-Enthusiast » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi,

No reason really - this is what they've told me:

Reply 1:

Hello xxxxx

Thank you for your reply and your screenshot.

In the image you have sent, you appear to have missed the bit underneath which states "T's & C's Apply: BetUK.com guarantee that all customers will be able to back their horse racing selection to win £500 in the main "win" market of all UK & Irish Races. This offer will be available from 11am only on the day of each eligible race.

The purpose of this £500 Bet To Win Guarantee is a commitment from BetUK.com that we will not restrict customers from winning a minimum of £500 on eligible races. Any customers that were previously restricted on Horse Racing will now be able to bet freely to win a minimum of £500 on eligible races."

On the terms and conditions page, as well as the terms previously mentioned, it also states:

In order to ensure fair usage of the guarantee, only one player from any household, device, payment method or telephone number will be permitted.
Bet UK reserves the right to remove eligibility for the Bet to Win Guarantee from any player that we suspect might be:
Using the offer to make trades to secure profit across a number of betting platforms.
Using automated systems or trading software.
Using multiple accounts, syndicates, or colluding with other players to abuse the offer.
Using arbitrage methods.
The decision of BetUK.com is final on any player eligibility that we suspect have engaged in the above stated actions.
The terms and conditions are clear and all players are expected to read these prior to accepting a bonus. I appreciate in these times they can often be skipped when accepting a bonus but we have to be clear in the terms and conditions to allow you as a player to make a choice prior to accepting the bonus, it is a regulation requirement and as such there has been no error on our part.

I am sorry and appreciate this is frustrating for you.

We are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.

All of our promotions, bonuses and games are offered in line with the industry standards set down by the regulatory body, which exists to protect both players and companies who offer online games.

You are welcome to contact them to discuss our policies on bonuses or anything else relating to our site.

We assume that this matter is now resolved and no further action is required by us. If this is not the case please contact us immediately and we will look into this further for you.

If we can help you any further in the future please contact us via live chat 24/7 and we will be happy to help you, alternatively you can email us.

I then sent them a screenshot of the 'guarantee' and asked to comment with direct reference to their 'guarantee' - Reply 2:

Hello xxxx

Thank you for your reply and your screenshot.

In the image you have sent, you appear to have missed the bit underneath which states "T's & C's Apply: BetUK.com guarantee that all customers will be able to back their horse racing selection to win £500 in the main "win" market of all UK & Irish Races. This offer will be available from 11am only on the day of each eligible race.

The purpose of this £500 Bet To Win Guarantee is a commitment from BetUK.com that we will not restrict customers from winning a minimum of £500 on eligible races. Any customers that were previously restricted on Horse Racing will now be able to bet freely to win a minimum of £500 on eligible races."

On the terms and conditions page, as well as the terms previously mentioned, it also states:

In order to ensure fair usage of the guarantee, only one player from any household, device, payment method or telephone number will be permitted.
Bet UK reserves the right to remove eligibility for the Bet to Win Guarantee from any player that we suspect might be:
Using the offer to make trades to secure profit across a number of betting platforms.
Using automated systems or trading software.
Using multiple accounts, syndicates, or colluding with other players to abuse the offer.
Using arbitrage methods.
The decision of BetUK.com is final on any player eligibility that we suspect have engaged in the above stated actions.
The terms and conditions are clear and all players are expected to read these prior to accepting a bonus. I appreciate in these times they can often be skipped when accepting a bonus but we have to be clear in the terms and conditions to allow you as a player to make a choice prior to accepting the bonus, it is a regulation requirement and as such there has been no error on our part.

I am sorry and appreciate this is frustrating for you.

We are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.

All of our promotions, bonuses and games are offered in line with the industry standards set down by the regulatory body, which exists to protect both players and companies who offer online games.

You are welcome to contact them to discuss our policies on bonuses or anything else relating to our site.

We assume that this matter is now resolved and no further action is required by us. If this is not the case please contact us immediately and we will look into this further for you.

If we can help you any further in the future please contact us via live chat 24/7 and we will be happy to help you, alternatively you can email us.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 am

Many thanks.

As in most situations like this customer services are most unhelpful. BetUK's get out clause is clear to see:

"The decision of BetUK.com is final on any player eligibility that we suspect have engaged in the above stated actions." This means they can do whatever they wish. Does this mean the offer should be withdrawn legally - I'm not a lawyer, but likely yes. Should the Gambling Commission act - of course, but they won't.

JJ