Bwin closing account and not paying out. Why.....

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
adwils
Supporter

Bwin closing account and not paying out. Why.....

Post by adwils » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

....because they can as it's in their T&C's. I complained through Resolver. Despite repeated requests for clarification, all they do is quote all their T&C's and not give an exact reason. Thy may think I am under 18 or betting from another country for all I know. As the account is closed I cannot see the bets so I made a SAR. Bwin ignored this and said they were not prepared to comment further. So I'll complain to ICO and wait for eCOGRA Dispute Resolution Services (they dont use IBAS)

Note: eCOGRA acting as mediator facilitates the resolution of disputes; eCOGRA does not act as arbitrator, nor does it make decisions binding on either part

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Bwin closing account and not paying out. Why.....

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you for your post.

1. If they've kept any of your money without giving a reason - they can't.
2. I doubt eCogra will be any use, because as you say Bwin can close your account.
3. If you were under 18 they have to refund your money under licensing.
4. You probably only have two sensible options; a letter/email to their CEO and a small claim.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

adwils
Supporter

Post by adwils » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
The point I was making that no matter what your rights are, if a bookie decides to keep your money they will. It is then up to you to go to time, trouble and expenses to get it back.
As you replied in point 1. ( If they've kept any of your money without giving a reason - they can't.). Well they have.

In point 2 you doubt if eCogra will be any use. I agree as their decision is not binding, so again the bookie can ignore your basic rights.

I am not under 18 of course, I just said this as an example of one of their T&C's they quoted at me. As they didnt give a reason for withholding my money any of the T&C's could be the reason.

So as you say a letter to the CEO (which will just be ignored even if I knew his name) and small claim. Even if you win the small claim, you still need to get Bwin to pay up.

So once you are in this situation there's still nothing you can really do about it.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 am

Hi,

My observations are in brackets in your text.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. (No worries)
The point I was making that no matter what your rights are, if a bookie decides to keep your money they will. It is then up to you to go to time, trouble and expenses to get it back. (Correct, which is wrong)
As you replied in point 1. ( If they've kept any of your money without giving a reason - they can't.). Well they have. (Until now, but if nothing else, a court will force them to pay you the money, unless they can prove you've done something wrong. The hassle is unfair, but the fact reamins they can't keep your money without good reason, albeit you'll have to fight)

In point 2 you doubt if eCogra will be any use. I agree as their decision is not binding, so again the bookie can ignore your basic rights. (They can, but to be fair on the rare occasions eCogra find for the customer I'm not aware of any gambling company not paying out)

I am not under 18 of course, I just said this as an example of one of their T&C's they quoted at me. As they didnt give a reason for withholding my money any of the T&C's could be the reason. (Correct and not fair)

So as you say a letter to the CEO (which will just be ignored even if I knew his name) (This is not our experience. Of course, it varies, but always worth a shout) and small claim. Even if you win the small claim, you still need to get Bwin to pay up. (They will)

So once you are in this situation there's still nothing you can really do about it. (£1.2 million in money paid out with our assistance confirms that is not true. However, sometimes you have to fight for ages, which is unfair)

I can feel the frustration in your words, but we tell the truth at J4P. It is possible to win, but you're correct that it all seems unfair (it is) and you have to be prepared to give time and fight, sometimes for months.

I hope this helps?

JJ