Novibet

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
edsisto
Supporter

Novibet

Post by edsisto » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi,

Need some advice about situation am in.

I deposited to Novibet, £1000, bet it and lost it, no issues.

I then deposited £1500 a few days later, tried to bet and I am heavily restricted, even on Prem & CL footie matches. Can not get any stake on to win more than £20.

Obviously I try to withdraw and they tell me that I can not withdraw until I have wagered my deposit at odds of 1.8.

I was never informed of any restriction on my account so I was depositing on the assumption the account was unrestricted, like it was when I bet my first deposit.

They want to charge me £55 to withdraw without betting, or I have to place a ridiculous amount of small bets with terrible odds.

CS, via chat and email are just repeating the same garbage to me.

What can I do here?

TIA

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Novibet

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I've attached our advisory leaflet that outlines the options open to you if you are resident in the UK. I would start with an email/letter to their CEO.

The basics in law are:

1. They decided to restrict your account without telling you.
2. Thus, you thought you were gambling using a similar service as previously when you deposited again.
3. So, you are likely entitled to a refund of your deposit as you didn't know the terms you were gambling on when youm ade the second deposit, i.e. they changed their terms of service without the knowledge of the customer.

Customer service will continue to ignore anything you write or claim, so like I say I would escalate things straight away.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

edsisto
Supporter

Post by edsisto » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi,

That is great, thanks a lot for the help.

Sorry, I have not done this kind of thing before so could you advise me how I find a way to contact the CEO?

Kind regards

edsisto
Supporter

Post by edsisto » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Sorry, I wrote that before reading the attached guide

I understand all the info is in there....Thanks again

Will update you when this plays out.

Kind regards

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 am

No worries. Any questions, just ask.

JJ

edsisto
Supporter

Post by edsisto » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 am

Hi again,

Didn't take long haha..

So I can not get an email address for the CEO and the only mail address is in Isle of Man, not sure if I should still do this, or I should just try the resolver email and see what happens from that?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 am

Same here. I can't find an email address without subscribing to a service.

The CEO's name is George Athanasopoulos. I would send him a recorded letter at the Isle of Man address.

JJ