Bet 365 query

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Markk92
Supporter

Bet 365 query

Post by Markk92 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi guys,

On bet 365 on Saturday evening, I placed a bet for a horse not to place in a USA horse race.
Having looked at the number of runners in the race (5) and the each way terms (2 places, 1/4 odds). I backed a horse not to place.
So the horse trailed in in 3rd, hence finishing outside the money. However my bet was settled as a loser (three figure bet returning a nice three figure sum).

I contacted live chat, who replied with the attached very vague text, translating into English that because there were non runners, it doesn't mean they have to change their place terms on the bet I placed, even though the race only paid 2 places the original declarations for horses running stands...I've never heard of this nonsense in 4/5 years of betting on horse racing. How you can interpret that from the attached rules is beyond me.
I was offered 100 euro compensation, which I turned down, which leads me to think I may have a case but I have no idea what the next step is.

What are your opinions?

Thanks
Attachments
nr.png
nr.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 79 times

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Bet 365 query

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you for your post.

Please can you say which race it was and what time you placed your bet in relation any non-runners. Please can you refer me to what number/letter T&C this is. Thanks.

The wording is not clear, but it could be that 365 have a similar rule to what Betfair uses for non-runners? If so, of course the same should apply if you place a traditional bet to win/place, so everyone would be paid on the 3rd horse for ew bets.

I've attached our advisory leaflet, which should help you if the dispute continues.
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Markk92
Supporter

Post by Markk92 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the quick response.
The bet was placed 5 minutes before the off, after all 5 participants had left the parade ring. It was Race 3 Del Mar on 01/12/2018, and the horse who finished 3rd (who I backed not to place) was called Cistron.

Each way betting at the time was 2 places.

Hope this helps, I'm still not fully sure if I have a case.

Thanks.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 am

Sounds to me like you have an excellent case. If you cna point me to the relevant T&Cs (number or letter etc. I'll have a look at that section. You often need to consider a number of terms.

Your posts will automatically appear now.

JJ

Markk92
Supporter

Post by Markk92 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Jimmy,

I attach the link to the relevant term. It's under the place betting heading

https://help.bet365.com/product-help/sp ... rse-racing

I had a quick scan of the each way betting heading which seems to contradict what It says under place betting. Thanks once again for your help, I have another issue going back a few months with betfair who wouldn't pay me out at the price they took the bet at, but I'll leave that until this is potentially resolved.

If there is anything else needed let me know. That's the iron facts. If you require a shot of the betting slip that is no problem either

Regards,
Mark

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the link.

I think Bet365's T&Cs appear to balance on 'Place only' betting, e.g.

Place betting

In the event of non-runners the number of places paid will remain the same, unless the number of runners in the race is equal to or less than the number of places paid, in which case all bets will be void. This market is settled on the official place terms of the race.

Not to Be Placed

In the event of non-runners the number of places paid will remain the same, unless the number of runners in the race is equal to or less than the number of places paid, in which case all bets will be void.

This means that people backing your horse to come third will have been paid, so they can't also pay out on 'not to be placed'.

You are correct to say that these T&Cs do not balance with ew terms, but they are like the T&Cs you'd get for laying horses for a place on the Betfair exchange. Legally there is nothing wrong with this. Sadly, as happens to many punters, you've been caught out by T&Cs you weren't expecting, however in this case they are fair on both sides of the market.

Not what you wanted to hear, but this is what would be concluded if you take things any further.

Regards,

JJ