Betfair taking my money

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
APK
Supporter

Betfair taking my money

Post by APK » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Betfair have closed my account because I broke their T&C's regarding "rounding off" I benefited by about £60 over the course of 3 months, The email they sent said they were taking back the profit I made and were closing my account. I accept that I did break the T&C's and it is their right to close my account and take back the profit I made by breaking the T&C.

The problem is they have taken all the money in my account (£377) and will not return it. If they have the right to do this it means that for however minor an infringement of the T&C they can take all the money in a customers account. In the past I have had up to £15,000 in my account would they have the right to take that?

After being blanked by customer services I have used Resolver and have been getting replies but am still being told the decision stands. Resolver wait a month before escalating this to the Customer Relations Manager but I feel this will just be a waste of time.

Do you have any suggestions?

APK

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betfair taking my money

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks for your post.

I don't have Betfair's side, so what follows is based on what you're outlining and nothing else.

If the remaining money is not linked to any breaches of T&Cs or law they cannot keep the money. Please consider our updated advisory leaflet, which is attached.

Please keep me updated how things progress.

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

APK
Supporter

Post by APK » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I shall contact Peter Jackson the CEO of Betfair. I will let you know how I get along.

To me this seems so obviously wrong and the attitude of Betfair customer services so bad it's not something I feel I can let go.

APK

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 am

Well done. Give it too them.

Your future posts will now appear straight away.

JJ

APK
Supporter

Post by APK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Update:

I've no idea if my email to Peter Jackson had any effect as I only received a copy of a previous reply.
I followed up with another email to customer services(via Resolver) and Betfair replied today telling me that my complaint had been escalated internally and that the decision to retain all of the funds in my account still stands. They have referred me to IBAS if I want to take this further, which of course I do.

Would you recommend IBAS as the next course of action?

Regards

APK

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

Yes, but be prepared for further poor communication. IBAS often need chasing!!

JJ

APK
Supporter

Post by APK » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

Ok Thanks

APK

APK
Supporter

Post by APK » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am

Update:

IBAS emailed me on Tuesday to tell me that Betfair had agreed to refund my money and it arrived in my bank account yesterday.

This came as a surprise as they were adamant they were keeping my money. Just goes to show they were trying it on and no doubt they often get away with it.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

APK

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:58 am

Excellent result. Well done.

JJ