jimmy justice

This is your chance to discuss any aspect of gambling. You start the topic and encourage others to take part and develop the topic with you.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
mick
Supporter

Re: jimmy justice

Post by mick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:24 am

Congrats on your recent J4P third year anniversary, and i thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf. I do feel its a great shame that activity on this forum has declined , although i suspect this pleases the Bookmakers.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: jimmy justice

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you Mick.

You are correct about the forum, but this has not impeded our case, media and lobbying work. Two days of the last 10 have been spent in and around Parliament meeting very influential people. Progress is now being seen and it will only get greater. The media are publishing things virtually daily now about how large gambling corporations operate. This is mainly about gambling harm, but May should see big improvements in ID and withdrawals and despite the Gambling Commission not being interested in a minimum bet law (a disgrace) some areas of the Parliamentary system are, so we will see.

I'm actually quite positive at present, but nothing happens quickly in the UK when you're fighting large corporations; they are very powerful and have the money to influence many who should know better.

JJ