Skybet

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
DS84
Supporter

Skybet

Post by DS84 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 am

Hello,

On the 26th of August 2018 my account has been suspended and the funds inside are being withheld from me because of routine identity checks.

The same day I provided all the additional documents requested as follow;

Selfie with Passport
Debit Card copy used for deposit
Bank Statement.

For 10 days they ignored my emails requesting informations about the suspension.

Finally on the 6th of September 2018 i managed to get through their customer service department which asked me who was xxx on the Bank Statement who transfer £300 into my bank account.

I honestly reply that it was my brother.

After that they terminate the call and minutes after I received an email stating that the documentation clearly demonstrates that my Skybet account has been funded by xxx.

The activity that has taken place on your Skybet account is in clear breach of our multi-accounting and third party funding terms and conditions.

As such we will be returning your deposit of £300 to you and any winnings on your account will not be released.

The account will also remain permanently closed.

This is not right.

I was not funded by my brother , he transferred money that he owns me for a totally separate reason and I used those fund to make a deposit on their account.

I did not multi account , I placed the bets by myself Free of my brother influence or anybody else.

They just guessing and making assumptions without any prove just to keep hold of the £4,260.09.

I already start a complaint procedure with IBAS.

Does anybody guess what's going to happens o think about this?

Sincerely,

DS

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Skybet

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 am

Hi DS

Thank you for your post.

In law SkyBet has to prove that you have done what they claim, so you always have the small claims route if IBAS don't do their job correctly, e.g. take SkyBet's side with no concrete evidence for what they claim (see attached information leaflet).

You are the only person that knows the truth and you must fight on that basis, e.g. if your brother or somebody else did fund your account do not use the small claims route or it may be be costly, but conversely if you've done nothing wrong it will ensure you get your money, plus your court fee and interest.

It may not seem simple at present, but those two paragraphs do sum up the situation. SkyBet cannot refuse to release your money without proving what they claim. They cannot simply cite terms and conditions, which are likely biased in their favour, so have no standing in law.

I hope this and the leaflet help?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 08-17.pdf
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

DS84
Supporter

Post by DS84 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 am

Hello JJ,

Thank you for you response.

I will keep you updated.

Sincerely,

DS.

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:21 am

Very worrying that a licensed gambling site can demand to see your bank statement on the pretense of ID checks, after you have had the audacity to win some money with them, and be judge and jury that because your brother transferred you £300 one day and you deposited the same amount to your account, it must be 3rd party funding.

On that basis, many times in the past I have either taken a loan from a relative or friend and also banks and deposited it into a betting account. Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, but ultimately I lost it. Did they inquire to see where that money might have been coming from? And if they had does anyone believe they would have cancelled those deposits?

Of course not. But your case does seem to show that they are abusing their Terms & Cons by only using them when it suits them. And they are not even getting solid evidence to back up their claims.

JJ is bang right. Issue a small claims against them after doing the correct procedure with LBA, etc if IBAS fail to rule in your favour. They'll pay you rather than pay money trying to defend it for that sum, but of course we know when it's really big money they go much further such as with the BET365 student case.

In the meantime, it's a scandal they are shafting you of £4k when it should really be in your bank account.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

100% support for all of that Del. 99% of the time gambling companies don't care where money comes from if they're winning it. Incredible that government and their regulator have been so ineffective so far. At some point it will come back to bite them all. I hope I'm still alive.

JJ