Uk company allowed me to bet from Dominican

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Nani177
Supporter

Uk company allowed me to bet from Dominican

Post by Nani177 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Guys I went to Dominican on 8th April. And logged into my uk betting site and kept betting until yesterday. Then they blocked me asking where I was. I told them on holiday etc and they said they can only take bets from the UK. They pointed me to their terms which actually says all bets should voided in my case. Funny today I went to log in and it says I can’t bet from Dominican. Never said that over the last 2 weeks. They are saying In line with their license they can only take bets from the U.K.

therefore my question is would I be able to claim my deposits back?? Their terms say bets would be void if not made in accordance with their U.K. terms.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Uk company allowed me to bet from Dominican

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Without reading their full T&Cs on this I can't answer with any great confidence, but if it says bets should be voided you have a fair case to have your balance set at what it was before a bet was placed on your holiday. They will have a record of the isp every bet came from.

I don't know if you or lost or won, but it's 99% certain that if you'd won they'd be taking their cash back.

An angle to take and report to the Gambling Commission if they don't play fair is to tell them that you will report them for taking illegal bets from a UK citizen. Their security clearly failed (conveniently?), so it is something the GC should look into.

JJ

Del
Supporter

Re: Uk company allowed me to bet from Dominican

Post by Del » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 am

As JJ says, you may have a task to get losses returned during the period. Not sure about the Dominican, but I've been able to access accounts in the past from both Portugal and Norway using Betdaq and Betfred for the latter.

Betdaq eventually blocked me half way through the holiday and I had to phone them on my return to the UK to unfreeze the account. I probably lost during the period as it was blocked after several deposits and I didn't follow it up (this was 4 or 5 years ago).

However with Betfred they let me access my account through their mobile app initially in Norway but then denied me access after half a day. But after that I was able to access my account through the browser version of their site on the same mobile. I could bet but it wouldn't accept deposits through Paypal however credit card was no problem. I queried it on my return and they initally accused me of using a VPN (which I didn't) and also denied any record of my mobile app refusing me access. They wouldn't return deposits during the period and said they were legally allowed to accept bets from a UK citizen whilst in Norway. I haven't pursued it, but clearly this seems a grey area. I believe it really depends on what country you were in and their gambling laws?

I hope you get the result their Tc&Cs state though.