Help taking Paddy Power to small claims court.

Share and discuss successes you've had. What or who has helped you to win a dispute? What else could we provide to help others successfully complain? It is time to hit-back and obtain the rights that all other consumers have.
GFC1966
Supporter

Help taking Paddy Power to small claims court.

Post by GFC1966 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 am

Im trying to take Paddy Power to small claims court. The problem I have is that they have multi companies and its not clear who the claim needs to be addressed to. I have gone to arbitration but as posted on here else where this is one sided. The claim is still with the small claims court as They say I need to address it to the legal entity.

My complaint is

Im looking to recover the winnings from a bet placed on 10th August 2017. On the day in question I was told I won £8931. They were unable to pay me that night due to lack of funds in the safe. I was asked to return the following day to collect my winnings. I was then offered £5781, this was due to a ruling they claimed to display in their betting shops at all times. I disputed this at the time and asked evidence of this ruling. I was shown a ruling on screen that in no way represented the bet I placed. Five days later I return to the shop and took photos of all 24 screens in store. Not one screen displayed this ruling. I then took the matter to a Independent Betting Adjudication Service. They found in the bookmakers favour based on
different supposed ruling known as happy The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 10/08/2017 to 31/01/2018 on £8,931.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier.

Has anyone taken a bookmaker to court?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Help taking Paddy Power to small claims court.

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

Going to court even the small claims court is a long drawn out process. Whether PP think they will win or not they will take every avenue available to them to delay matters and put you under pressure. Many bookmakers do this, not just PP

Regarding the name on the claim form, it depends where you placed the bet and in which country. Many of these companies are complex in their structure, so you need find out the correct name based on my questions. This type of thing is a common delay used by companies. You must change the name to the correct name or your case will fail.

We can't provide a view on the dispute without knowing the exact bet and the term and condition used by PP & IBAS to find against you. All I can say at this stage is that a term and/or condition is unlikely to stand up in law unless it is easily accessible, understandable and balanced to both parties. You seem to hint it was inaccessible?

We prefer to deal with cases like yours in private, but it's your choice. You can use info@justiceforpunters.org if you wish.

JJ

Hit6300
Supporter

Post by Hit6300 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi, Jimmy.

Yes, I have problem with Betfair. from August 2018. :cry:
My account is blocked.
I make bets for Verdasco/Sousa.
Support Betfair write: investigation is being, wait please.

Help me, please ?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 am

Thank you for your post.

I've attached our advisory leaflet. The advice depends on where you live. If you are betting from the UK everything applies, if you are betting from the European Union most things do, but you have to replace UK courts with the EU court and the same with alternative resolution. If you are outside the EU you need to llok at your own country's legal system.

You mention the 'small claims court'. It's important to say that you should explore all the other options first. In general courts don't like using their time on something that could have been solved elsewhere. We do have email/letter templates you can adopt for this, which can be obtained by email.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 3 times