Intouch games/ mfortune scam

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
mick
Supporter

Re: Intouch games/ mfortune scam

Post by mick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am

Jim this OTT withdrawal verification piddle taking needs to be sorted.There is an easy solution make it law that the bookmakers do the required verification (inc withdrawal) and confirm to the customer before the first deposit is allowed.Any "new gun" Firm i now seek to open an account with, i request this is done and that i receive e mail confirmation before i deposit.Some feel unable to comply with this which tells me all that i need to know.

When delaying a requested withdrawal they all use the excuse that they have to act within the law ,and yet the intrusive information they demand varies between company's.Which suggests that confirming to the law has sod all to do with it.The GC or whoever calls the shots should be able to come up with a simple and standardized verification process for all Bookmakers - Customers which complies with the lawful requirements. ?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 am

Agreed.

The CMA investigation is dealing with this now. I can't promise, but I suspect they will report to the GC mid this year and new guidelines will be introduced after this. The GC has already said they will begin to fine companies who abuse 'Know your Customer' to delay withdrawals where there is clear fault.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 am
Agreed.

The CMA investigation is dealing with this now. I can't promise, but I suspect they will report to the GC mid this year and new guidelines will be introduced after this. The GC has already said they will begin to fine companies who abuse 'Know your Customer' to delay withdrawals where there is clear fault.

JJ
Cheers Jim this is good news.

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 am

Mick, you're dead right. If they can't do proper checks before taking the money they shouldn't be allowed to take the money. It's a huge anomaly that they don't care where the money comes from but only where it ends up.

They also need to be forced to stop the tactic of having a withdrawal pending, but instantly reversible by one click from the customer. It's delayed to entice the customer to end up betting it instead of it being sent into 3 days of banking transactions out of reach.

I've also noticed checking my credit reports, that even many months after closing and excluding from online bookies, some have been putting AML checks through on me again even though the accounts are closed and inactive. Is that legal?

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 am

Del wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 am
I've also noticed checking my credit reports, that even many months after closing and excluding from online bookies, some have been putting AML checks through on me again even though the accounts are closed and inactive. Is that legal?
Hi Del perhaps Jim will know Re the legal aspect,but its good of you to share your experience ,because for sure they will be doing the same for others,most of whom will be unaware.

Lbond
Supporter

Post by Lbond » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Just a question..
if they are unable to meet there verification checks do they have to refund deposits or can they just simply keep all the money from deposits and withdrawal requests.

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Lbond wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 pm
Just a question..
if they are unable to meet there verification checks do they have to refund deposits or can they just simply keep all the money from deposits and withdrawal requests.
Good question. As far as KYC requested id checks go, it seems they hold the money until the customer submits the requested docs. But if an AML check via the credit agencies fail, surely they should have to return deposits and cancel any betting activity? I suspect they just do the same as when customer fails to supply the ID docs requested. But not certain. Anyone else know?

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 am

Anyone having problems i would suggest quoting Jims below to the firm.I suspect this might expedite matters. JFP The punters alternative small claims court.

"The GC has already said they will begin to fine companies who abuse 'Know your Customer' to delay withdrawals where there is clear fault".

David
Supporter

Post by David » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:28 pm

As a matter of interest, Spreadex appear to allow anyone who they consider creditworthy to gamble without making a deposit. I was asked what credit limit I'd like.

Not only that, but spread betting is riskier than normal betting. If you misjudge things, you can lose more than your initial stake. Don't misuse this facility but I don't know any normal bookmakers who'd let you gamble and if you lose send you a bill at the end of the month!

I've so far won small amounts and they released the money without quibble. What a change from normal bookies.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:41 pm

These are fair comments and reflect our in-box.