Betbright

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Bob88
Supporter

Betbright

Post by Bob88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to know if anyone has been directly affected by the betbright news?

It sounds like 888 has bought the technology rather than the company itself hence won’t be liable for current bets/issues (I assume, not sure how it works?)

The whole voiding of bets doesn’t sound legal to me?

I luckily had self excluded from them so not affected.

Hope you all get the support you require in fighting this!

I’m sure JJ will be here to help!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betbright

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The GC are investigating (don't hold your breath).

The way I see it is:

1. I think people are going to get paid. Stupidly I had left some cash in my account. I hardly ever used it. My withdrawal request seems to have gone into processing easily. Fingers-crossed. Everyone has 29 days left to do the same.
2. Voiding bets is much more complex and I doubt (but don't know) that it may be illegal. I would assume that customers should have been given the chance to decide if they wanted their bets to run or not? If you're in this situation and wanted your bet to run I wouldn't withdraw your balance yet as things may change? BUT don't wait too long, who knows what financial state they're in.

JJ