Bullied and black mailed by William Hill...

This is the place to discuss abuse of your identity information by bookmakers. Why should you submit a 'selfie' of your passport page? Why should the quality of scans be refused when they are high quality? Why should the border around a scanned picture be so important? Etc.? Etc.?
Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Bullied and black mailed by William Hill...

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 am

Thank you for your post.

To all intense and purposes this looks utterly disgusting. I normally reply with some balance, i.e. we don't have the companies side of the story, so I can only reply based on what you say, but this is so extensive I simply astounded.

In three years I've never seen requests for a doctor's proof of anything; this is a joke.

May I suggest you send your post with no edits to: consumers@gamblingcommission.gov.uk Tel: 0121 230 6666 & Gambling@cma.gsi.gov.uk You can't ring the CMA, but I've given you the GC's number to follow up your email.

I also suggest you read our attached advisory leaflet and work through the options there.

It's rare I'm astounded by gambling companies these days.

Keep me updated

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 11-18.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 5 times

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:30 am

I meant your first post here.

It is a good idea to contact their CEO.

From now on your posts will appear automatically.

JJ

JAYBORLAND95
Supporter

Post by JAYBORLAND95 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:35 am

I’m having the same problem with William hill they are crooks and owe me 16k

I’m in process of taking them to court to get my funds

There ceo is Philip bowcock and is as useless as a cold toaster hasn’t replied to a single email

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 am

I am sorry to read of the above members experiences with WH ,also saddened because based on my own experiences then prior to being prevented via restrictions WH and B365 where the only two creditable on line bookmakers.To see the evidence that they can and do behave in similar ways as the rest is disillusioning.

What it does reinforce is that more backers should become active supporters of J4P because without this then the bookmaker piddle takes and contempt for there customers will not stop.Last year i read that there are four million active UK punters and if just a tiny percentage of these acted collectively with guidance from J4P then we could "encourage " change and a return to trust and decency between backer and Bookmaker ,but without this then matters will continue as they are.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:47 am

Here, here.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 am

Initially, that is true, but what you've done now is put your dispute on an official level and with a witness, so WH can't claim you haven't complained.

Over the weekend you need t ofollow this up with an email to their CEO saying you've done this and outlining your dispute. You will find his email address here: ceoemail.com

JJ

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 am

Great news!

Well done. Spend the money wisely - don't give it them back.

JJ

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:59 pm

The dispute parts of the thread seem to have disappeared but congrats on apparently winning your case.