Blacktype bet

Please use this forum to discuss unfair terms & conditions used by bookmakers, e.g. no right to appeal against decisions, palpable errors, delays in paying out, refusing promised free bets, etc.
ibizabhoy17
Supporter

Blacktype bet

Post by ibizabhoy17 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 am

hi guys i opened up a blacktype bet account yesterday and won 700 clear. i tried to withdraw and reveived an email saying because i was self excluded with another company under there platform that they can not pay me out. even though its in there terms and conditions i wasnt aware of this or i wouldnt have opened up account with them.only reason i opened was because i seen they had good reviews online and thought it was just a new company..i am really gutted with this im a fair gambler win or lose ive been using the same email an contact details for all online i feel they should have had system in place to block me opening. i cant get anywhere with them because they just quote terms and conditions.its put me off gamblin completly this. anything that can be done.???

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Blacktype bet

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for your post. I'm away this weekend, so can you email me on info@justiceforpunters.org on Monday with full details, e.g. timeline from opening to withdrawal refusal.

We are aware of this issue. The company that run their website actually hold the Gambling Commission licence, not BlackType. As far as we know they are sorting this out, but it obviously hasn't happened yet if your case is recent. There is nothing illegal in what BlackType are doing (I've checked before with the GC), but I do agree that it is confusing, as it is not obvious which other companies are licensed in the same 'grouping' under the company licence who run all the websites.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 am

Any follow up on the above ? because what i am thinking is how many similar situations when the new account loses money and nothing is said or done ,surely this entitles those concerned to a refund of those lost stakes.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 am

To our knowledge nothing has happened. However, we would expect this to be a long process as BlackType will have to apply for their own licence through the GC, which we understand is complex and takes months.

Irrespective of the BlackType situation, we are campiagning for 'white label' icensing to be banned. The only benefit of it is for the holding group and for the individual gambling companies, so get rid. For the customer it holds no advantages whatsoever and probably explaines why it has been kept so quiet.

JJ

Jd1983
Supporter

Post by Jd1983 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 pm

I've also recent had the exact same issue for £900. They are refusing to give details of company so I can file case at small claims. Further more in line with there own T&Cs they have refused to escalate the complaint to a more senior manager.

I have written to both Black type and senior managers at FSG without reply. Going to write to gambeling commission and file for small claims with both companies.

Just a point to note they first voided a winning bet when a team scored quoting odds weren't correct. When I asked for proof they reinstated the bet and apologised offering my a £100 free bet as compensation which has also not been cancelled.

Absolute disgrace - they have sent me an email claiming they DO refund all losing bets in this instance. If they haven't done this for you in this instance please get in touch and I will give you documents as supporting statement.

Anyone have any advice?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 am

White label licensing is a really difficult one. It allows companies to 'hide behind the licence holder' and vice-versa. We've already told the GC that change is needed due to the confusion it causes for customers. Every company should have their own licence; end of. To be honest, I'm sure anything will happen quickly and we have no update on the BlackType situation.

For J4P, if there is confusion over who a customer is gambling with (this includes multi-website owners also) the company should take the hit in any dispute. It should be up to each company to inform clearly on home pages what they own, how they are licensed and how this affects promotions, self-exclusion and other possible dispute areas. At present some companies are using this confusion to their own commercial advantage. We should be shocked by this, it is just another form of unfair practice.

I would be very careful about a small claim unless their is comprehensive written evidence that a company has broken GC code guidelines, which can be difficult to prove. This is hte link to ourl atest advisory leaflet: https://justiceforpunters.org/wp-conten ... -08-17.pdf

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am

A great shame to read of the above members negative experiences with this company ,because there was some hope that they would move the goal posts RE offering fair and honorable interactions with customers.Yet it appears they are the same as the rest.? Jimi would it be worth drawing there attention to this thread and asking them to comment.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 am

I've already done this concerning white label licensing. It was me they responded to when they said they will be leaving their present platform and getting their own licence, but I don't have a timeframe, nor do I truly know they will do it, but at least they responded, which is unlike just about every other bookmaker.

Nevertheless, as you say, it is disappointing.

JJ

David
Supporter

Post by David » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm

It breaches the Companies Act 2006 not to give the full details of the company with which you are dealing.

I think it may be required on every web page. It must certainly be given in the terms and conditions section.

Hit them with every law that you can!

HTH.

David.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 am

Hi David

This is interesting as I'm aware the Gam Comm has refused to give full details out about companies they license if a customer cannot track them down online. Have you any idea where the Act covers what you outline.

Thanks.

JJ