Boyle Sports account under investigation after trixie win

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jacksparrow2000
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Boyle Sports account under investigation after trixie win

Post by jacksparrow2000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am

Last year around November I won a trixie bet on the horses online with Boyles, but I noticed I wasnt paid best odds guaranteed, losing out on around £400 from memory. I contacted Boyle to ask why and their response was "we removed this from your account prior to the bet". I was not happy with this and hadnt been notified, anyway life goes on and I gathered it would be impossible to appeal that. Shortly after this I went to log into my account and it said; "account closed, please contact customer service".

I contacted them immediately and they told me my account is under investigation by security and finance team and refused to give me my funds. They said they would contact me when the issue had been resolved!

Its now been over 4 months and after multiple attempts to contact them, they will not give me a proper answer or my funds. My last recorded balance before closure was £685.56. I contacted GC and IBAS both seem useless, although still waiting to hear back from IBAS.

What can i do here? This seems very odd to me.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Boyle Sports account under investigation after trixie win

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

In any other industry this would appear very strange, but please remember this is the gambling industry!

I can only comment on what is known to me as I don't have Boylesports' side of the story. So:

1. If you didn't receive an email or other piece of written correspondence telling you about the removal of BOG from your account before you placed the bet, they have to pay you the full amount or provide proof they did send something.
2. I can't speak for IBAS, but it could be that the delay is them waiting for evidence from Boylesports? I would check on this. Of course it could simply be poor customer service by IBAS, which isn't unknown.

You have done the correct things so far, but it is probably time to put more pressure on IBAS and to start reading the small claims information in the attached. Hopefully, you will not need the latter, but if you know you've done nothing wrong the court will ensure you get your money.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 09-19.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 203 times

jacksparrow2000
Supporter

Post by jacksparrow2000 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Update:

Boyle have now emailed me to tell me my account was hacked. They have offered to refund some of the funds but not all, i didn't accept. They are claiming account security is my responsibility? Ill continue with IBAS but any advice appreciated?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

Thank you for the update.

Wow, that is some stretch of the imagination simply to explain a failure to pay BOG, so would seem to me to be unlikely.

Despite having a few 'hacking (?)' cases I've never come across it before in this scenario.

JJ

jacksparrow2000
Supporter

Post by jacksparrow2000 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea what I can do legally here? Im sure i can claim for the bet funds where they didnt pay BOG but can i claim against so called hacked funds? Ive followed all security procedures as required and Ive been gambling for probably 20 years and never had an issue with any other online accounts. Seems suspicious to me but its hardly a massive amount of money for them!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 am

The BOG part is easy, just make a complaint to IBAS and Boylesports are very likely to pay, even before IBAS investigates. You will need a code off them to give to IBAS, which confirms that 8-weeks has passed with no agreement.

I would treat the 'hacked funds' as a separate case, but again start with IBAS. I haven't a clue what they will find on this, so you may want to prepare yourself for a small claim. The attachment and the links in it guide you through this. Basically, in the court process, if Boylesports can't provide clear evidence that what they claim is correct, e.g. it's your fault without question, the court should find for you. Please note this isn't legal advice I'm not qualified to give it.

We do have templates to edit to help with the court process, e.g. a letter bfore action, etc, so if you do get to that point come back to us on our main email.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 09-19.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 194 times