Daily Loss Limit Fails to stop bets

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
daniel148
Supporter

Daily Loss Limit Fails to stop bets

Post by daniel148 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice regarding :

I opened an account with a betting exchange and have been using them frequently for the last few months. After a few losses and concerned that I may be gambling too much, I decided to set up a daily loss limit at the beginning of this month.

I completely forgot about this limit last weekend and managed to bet greater than double this amount and my bet lost. The daily loss limit which I previously set up is still visible on the website however for some reason the bets were still accepted and this safety mechanism didn't work. I have checked and the bets placed did not overlap from one day until another, so as to be considered part of two daily loss limits. I have taken screenshots/videos of my account which shows the bets placed and daily loss limit etc. The loss is for a significant amount of money.

What is my next step as I feel the bookmaker has not acted responsibly in accepting these bets and incurred me greater losses than what was agreed? After reading Gambling Commission website they have suggested to first complain directly to the bookmaker and then if not successful consider contacting themselves and going through the small claims court. I understand IBAS does not help with problems relating to social responsibility standards.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Daily Loss Limit Fails to stop bets

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your post.

This would seem a serious social responsibility failure, so I would recommend you contact their CEO immediately. You may find the details on here ceoemail.com If nothing is found, check who the owners are and try again. If you still have no success ask the GC for details. There is no point contacting customer services as they're likely to just mess you around on something so important.

The stance you outline being taken by the GC really concerns me, but it would be a 5K word essay to respond on that.

Do drop me an email at info@justiceforpunters.org if you want more advice as things progress. Our general advisory leaflet is attached, but as you correctly point out some of the options don't apply in your case.

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 08-17.pdf
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:58 am

The GC stance is further confirmation that they simply will not intervene in individual cases and complaints against their licensees. Their bog standard response now is ultimately that you should take it up with the civil courts.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:01 am

Agreed!

JJ