Skybet

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
vntooley93
Supporter

Skybet

Post by vntooley93 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,
I have £4027.50 in my skybet account. On 1st of April i received an e-mail that my account is suspended and i have to send documents to fully verify it. The same day i sent all the documents: driver's license + selfie, bank account statement and my visa card that i used for deposits in skybet. It's been more than a month and i still don't have access to my money ! I have 4 phone conversations, live chat and about 10 e-mails with skybet representatives but there is no prompt answer what is going on and why they keep my money against my will. They confirm receipt of all documents. Every time when i contact them i talk to different operator and every time he/she doesn't know what is going on and when i ask to speak with a supervisor or somebody in charge they answer that is not possible!
In last e-mail they ask me to proof my earnings. I have deposits in total for £500 and my monthly salary is about £1700. I even sent them my last 3 monthly payslips, also they see my salary in my monthly bank account statement that i've sent to them on 1st of April.
So far i escalate my case to IBAS, resolver, SBR and some sport betting forums.
Any help is appreciated !!!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Skybet

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Based on what you outline (we obviously don't have SkyBet's side of the story) it would appear you have exhausted all their internal customer service options, so you are entitled to move things forward using other means.

This link contains our advisory leaflet: https://justiceforpunters.org/know-your ... s-betting/ I would get in touch with their CEO first. His name is, Richard Flint and his email address is, richard.flint@skybet.com

Be positive and explain your full story. If this fails, use Resolver as the second option.

The following is standard text you may wish to adopt?

Dear

Delayed payment of winnings

I have an online account with (insert company); username - (insert username).

On (insert date & year) I won a substantial amount of money (insert exact amount if you wish), which is being withheld from me without good reason.

I’ve contacted your customer services on a number of occasions and they are very unhelpful. Nobody will tell me why I have to wait so long and why additional security checks are required. After over (insert period of time) I still don't know where my money is and what's going on. All your staff will tell me is that I have to be patient until the investigation is finished. What exactly is this investigation? Your staff have refused to provide a time frame (insert any other relevant details of your case).

This situation is totally unacceptable and is likely to be something the UK ‘Competition and Markets Authority’ investigation into unfair terms and conditions being used by online bookmakers and their application in practice will be looking at closely. I will be complaining to them as part of their evidence gathering, specifically naming your company.

I do hope you can ensure a quick resolution to this situation, if not, and if I have still not received my money in 14 days (from the date this letter was posted/email sent) I will be sending a ‘letter before action’ thus beginning a small claim against (insert company) in the UK courts.

I look forward to hearing from you urgently or whoever you delegate the task to.

Yours sincerely,

(insert your name)
(insert your username)

I hope this helps?

JJ

vntooley93
Supporter

Post by vntooley93 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi,
I did what you have advised me and i have sent an e-mail to CEO of skybet, ofc i received an answer from another representative of skybet " Paul " that he will assist me for resolving my case, few days later i had another e-mail from another representative " Laura " : Thank you for your email to Richard Flint. I have been asked to fully investigate this on his behalf. Unfortunately there is no more e-mails from skybet and my money is still there and i don't have access. I have used resolver but i got the same story , one e-mail from skybet that they will check my case from 7th of May and nothing else, no progress.

I escalated my case to IBAS on 30th of April but i still don't have any news from them about it.

So it's been more than 2 months and my funds are still locked in skybet , 4027.50 GBP ( 500 GBP deposits and 3527.50 GBP profit )

Any help is appreciated !!!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 am

Hi,

This is very disappointing from a company that are making the 'right noises' in public about treating people fairly. I would have expected them to pay you or provide an evidenced reason why not by now. As you or I don’t have SkyBet’s side of the story there could be a good reason, but without openness and clarity who knows.

We're always reluctant to recommend the ultimate option, which is a small claim. It shouldn't come to that, did SkyBet give you a date as to when their investigations concerning your account would be concluded? If not I would try to get a date out of them and try to hold them too it.

Re IBAS, don't expect any customer service, i.e. them corresponding with you on a regular basis and keeping you informed. It's highly likely you won't hear anything within 90 days - sad, but true. They now have a case tracker on their website, so if you have a case number I assume you can use that to see where your complaint is at.

In the meantime the new GDPR gives you another option to try to find the reasons out why SkyBet are withholding your money. You now have 'the right to be informed' (https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/yo ... of-access/). As this webpage outlines you submit a subject access request. Your request has to be fulfilled within 30 days and is now free. You need to adapt the standard letter on the webpage, in order to request all the information about the reasons SkyBet are withholding your money.

I hope this helps?

JJ

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:59 am

Good call with the GDPR. At least you'll get a better idea why.

A small claims will cost you £185 using Money Claim Online for that amount. It's fairly easy and quick to do. Plenty of "How to"s on the net.
I'd be surprised if they tried to defend the claim, though they might ignore it and then try to set aside any default judgement you would get.
But you'll get the small claims cost back in any judgement in your favour. It's just a question of how far they will go in the court process.