missing selections

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
herbert
Supporter

missing selections

Post by herbert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi all

On Saturday I done my usual weekend bet of both teams to score ,I backed all the championship games in one accumulator and all the league 1 games in one accumulator and also the 2nd division and national league in separate accumulators and as I done it in the shop the receipt was very long but i stuck it in my pocket and looked forward to watching on tv the results at 4.45pm and was overjoyed when I saw that in division 1 all teams had scored a goal apart from the postponed game at Rochdale,I grabbed the slip and headed up to the bookies but on the way I noticed that my slip was only showing 9 games instead of 12 including the postponed fixture but 3 other selections were missing,I went to the counter and explained to the manager that there were 3 selections missing on my slip so we found the original coupon that i had used and that showed that i had included these selections in my bet but the manager said he would have to look at the image that was captured on the till to confirm this which he did and it clearly showed that i had included the 3 missing games on my coupon and the manager said come back on monday as i will have to speak to the area manager, fast forward 3 days later and i am still waiting to see if they will pay out on all 11 selection £3 stake retiuns £1400 or 8 selections £3 stake returns £289
because the image on the till shows that I picked all the fixtures in league 1 will this be enough for me to get my money from an adjudicator?

Herbert

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: missing selections

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Herbert

Thank you for your post.

I would be very surprised if they don't pay you.

Did the shop manager give you a copy of what their system was showing? If not, go back and ask him/her for one. Our experience is that Area Managers and Head Office may try to 'welch' on the bet, so you need this information.

Re winning a dispute, you would have an excellent chance, so long as you have this proof.

I hope this helps?

JJ

herbert
Supporter

Post by herbert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi Jimmy

I have to go back to the shop later this afternoon so I will ask them for a copy and let you know what happens

Thank you for your help

herbert

herbert
Supporter

Post by herbert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi Jlmmy

They paid me the full winnings ,I called the shop manager and asked him for a copy of the till image and he said he would call me back which he did and he told me to come and collect my money

Thank you for helping me give them a push

Herbert

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Herbert

Brilliant. That's what we like to see.

Thank you for letting us know.

JJ

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am

Herbert - That's great that they finally sorted out what should have been a straight forward translation error correction. In the past your bet would have been re-translated within 5 minutes and paid out correctly while you wait, but unfortunately these days most shops only have one person with the authority to do this and they are not always working. The industry doesn't trust it's staff anymore and whilst it would be simple for an HQ member of staff to go over such a re-translation on the phone with a non managerial staff member, they don't seem fond of doing that either. Possibly given the high percentage of staff who gamble I imagine. I saw all sorts of skullduggery when I was a manager and most of it was induced by gambling debts.

Anyway, congrats on the bet.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 am

Great post Del.

JJ