Paddy powers new and undavertised reduced payout limits

This is the forum where you can discuss any aspect of bookmaker injustices you wish. You start the topic and encourage others to develop it with you. Wherever possible do outline or attach evidence that supports what you are sharing, e.g. Live Chat text, screen grabs, emails, letters, etc. It may even become one of our future campaigns!

The other subject specific forums below, do give you ideas to think about, but if you want to post here, please do.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
DementedPigeon
Supporter

Paddy powers new and undavertised reduced payout limits

Post by DementedPigeon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 am

Has anyone else notice that Paddy Power has reduced its maximimum payouts?

it used to be £1m for all uk and irish racing "covered by a full sevice" (ie prices etc reported in shop - i think)

its now only 100k for any bet including class 5 and 6 races
250k if it includes class 3 or 4 races
and only remains £1m if the bet only includes class 1 and 2 races,

I think it is really sneaky how this has been bought in.
It was only by chance i noticed it, how many others doing accas have noticed it?

Has anyone had their payout cut by this new rule yet?

Incidently not only is the rule not publicised and only hidden in the small writing on the rules poster tucked away in a hidden corner of the shop, I visted another branch and the rules had not been changed from the old ones. What would the payout be in that shop should you be lucky enough for your lucky 63 or the like came in.

I for one have continued staking my 20p lucky 63s for a while unaware changes had occured. (anyone know when the changes occured?)

Even at odds of 7/1 a 20p lucky 63 should pay £106,288 without any bonus.
I like outsiders. I would have been furious if one had been lucky enough to come in.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Paddy powers new and undavertised reduced payout limits

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks for this - good observation. Cheers.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 am

DP Cheers for the heads up.I have just been having a look at PP T&Cs and note another recent change ........min stake for phone bet raised to £10 as they will not let me and many others have £10 on a horse this is just another way of closing peoples accounts while being able if challenged to say that they do not.? As per on line.

There is a long section covering "Suspicious Bets" but just one part says plenty ................9.1.2. where there is an inordinate frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of Bets placed on the same selection(s) and where the theoretical probability of said selection(s) winning at the time of Bet(s) placement, based on the odds offered on the selection(s) at the time of Bet placement, is largely inconsistent with the theoretical probability of the same selection(s) winning calculated using their starting prices;

Talk about have your cake and eat it.! The starting prices will not be known until after the race is run.! How often do losing horses fit the above with of course no action taken by Paddy.

When the HBF and JFP started i suspect that like myself the majority where interested in helping to bring change Re punitive and pathetic bet restrictions with my other beef being the OTT verification some attempt should we dare wish to withdraw winnings,but in light of the recent B365 case i think these T&Cs used by the Bookmakers also need to be challenged.I think the majority of customers will not wade through them until its to late and this is the expectation and it sucks.

ALL WINNING BETS ARE SUSPICIOUS BETS. :?:

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 am

Our experience is that all bookmakers perform a 'fishing' exercise through their T&Cs before paying out what they see as a significant sum of money or if they wish to mess a customer about for whatever reason. T&Cs wording like this means they can nearly always find a reason not to pay out.

JJ

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Of course, as we know, conversely they seem to have no limit on how much money they will let you lose with them.

As JJ says, they clearly look for a get out out clause in their ever changing T&Cs to prevent a decent pay out or withdrawal. I'm certain if I had cashed in when I was up with PP they would have uncovered my Betfair self exclusion on their database and withheld everything. Instead of course they let me carry on without a single point of contact or check until I was cleaned out. I'm in the process of taking them to CC. LBA served just awaiting their response before CC papers applied for & served also.

David
Supporter

Post by David » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 pm

I think the small claims track is the only procedure they fear. But a claim heard in open court would have a serious effect on their reputation if the media get wind of it.

You'll probably get offered a derisory amount as an out of court settlement, subject to confidentiality. Don't normally settle for the initial offer as they try to exploit lay people who don't know their rights.

If in doubt, you could ask me for help. I've done quite a few of these cases, not all against bookies, some were general consumer law or data protection breaches. One I settled for £750 but the initial offer had been £100.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:12 am

This is excellent advice. All please note.

JJ

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks, David. That's helpful advice.

As you say, I'm fairly confident they will not want to be in the position in court of having to answer the questions they have so far failed to answer me properly or in anyway believably. I think any Judge will question just what their red line is for reviewing a customers levels of activity, especially when it increases dramatically. The self exclusion issue I think is equally if not more serious. How can it take 10 months to collate customer data from one arm of a business to another?

Is it ok to message you directly re my case as I'm about to make the online claim and I want to make sure I don't miss a trick?

Thanks.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:27 am

Jimi i wish you could obtain clarification from them Re this aspect of their T&Gs,i know this will not happen but it should.!

There is a long section covering "Suspicious Bets" but just one part says plenty ................9.1.2. where there is an inordinate frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of Bets placed on the same selection(s) and where the theoretical probability of said selection(s) winning at the time of Bet(s) placement, based on the odds offered on the selection(s) at the time of Bet placement, is largely inconsistent with the theoretical probability of the same selection(s) winning calculated using their starting prices;

Very easy to envisage an "innocent" customer not privileged to any coup info but just obtaining a perceived value price,being caught up in this and suffering his winnings being withheld.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:49 am

We're hoping that terms like these will be banned after the CMA completes it's investigations. It's up to a bookmaker to manage their 'book' (hence their licence) not rely on unfair T&Cs that give them a total cop-out without any customer being able to challenge decisions they make.

Sure, they're entitled to defend their business against corruption in racing or any sport for that matter, but that is covered elsehwere in all T&Cs, so it's already covered.

The chances of PP responding to us is nil.

JJ