Hello from cosmicway

A place where you can introduce yourself to the 'Justice For Punters' community.
cosmicway
Supporter

Hello from cosmicway

Post by cosmicway » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 am

Hi, I 'm a new member from Greece.
This looks like a very good forum for the punters who seek a better deal.

Many people tried to start something in the past.
Quite a few bloggers from the States but they did n't really create something in the end.
In the UK there was the right2bet.com, the blokes who produced the funny series of videos "the renegade ref". Unhappily this effort petered out sometime in 2011.
There is also the Irish racegoers club. This is part of the racing industry of Ireland but it looks ok and it's the closest thing.

In Greece there was a lawyer in the mid eighties -pre internet days- who thought of something but could n't make it get off the air. Subsequent efforts including mine were unsuccessful because of various obstacles and also because of the reactiveness of the various betting authorities.

I hope you will succeed and I want to help.
When exactly did you start ?
Can't be more than a year.

Take a look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/Fairbet-151420 ... page_panel

I started it in 2010. I got 80 likes but it's difficult to go higher and it also needs time to be devoted to it.
So I hope you do significantly better, because there are so many issues and I hope to be able to elaborate on those later on.
Last edited by cosmicway on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mick
Supporter

Re: Hello from cosmicway

Post by mick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 am

Welcome cosmic i have found this forum a good place to post on Bookmaker issues and experiences. A shame that currently not many others do so.!

cosmicway
Supporter

Post by cosmicway » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:46 pm

mick wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 am
Welcome cosmic i have found this forum a good place to post on Bookmaker issues and experiences. A shame that currently not many others do so.!
They seem to write in forums all over the place on the subject.
Most of these forums are great but they should write about these things here, because it's an official forum.
The people who are internet punters tend to gradually understand the various issues while those who are going to the shops are I 'm afraid hopeless cases most of them - very limited awareness.
But the site is needed as a tool. I have noticed that the "opposition" maintain very good websites (the "european lotteries" is one of them) while the punters campaign is weak in this respect by comparison. Promotion is also important of course.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 am

All correct.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Agree i have posted plenty about this place on racing forums but am not one for using social media. I understand that there are already some singing the same song on face book and twitter what we need is to bring all active parties together in one place and imo this is the best place to gather.Why this has not as yet happened i cannot understand.?

cosmicway
Supporter

Post by cosmicway » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am

mick wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm
Agree i have posted plenty about this place on racing forums but am not one for using social media. I understand that there are already some singing the same song on face book and twitter what we need is to bring all active parties together in one place and imo this is the best place to gather.Why this has not as yet happened i cannot understand.?
I know a betfair manager who has become Greek and married here and he was saying to me that people are not pricewise sensitive, while we 're on about money matters mostly. He also talked to me about all manner of false accusations against his company by the opposition lobbies in Brussels. I said to him all these things they say cannot stand a one minute debate and also I said if you are in this game then you cannot but expect false accusations. Now that one is resigned, moved to other business I believe.