Hello Boys & Girls

A place where you can introduce yourself to the 'Justice For Punters' community.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PunterOfPonies
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello Boys & Girls

Post by PunterOfPonies » Sun May 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi all, Irish (Dublin) punter here, solely back the ponies, nothing else. On Twitter as @PunterOfPonies, a follow gets a follow, unless you're hustling your tipping site or other crap.

Thankfully here there are no FOBT machines, banned by Law, though some have their own on screen version of cartoon roulette running every few minutes or so, played by submitting a docket over the counter, along with the usual cartoon shite, so shops tend to take a bet in order to justify their existence but like everywhere else win and you will be made unwelcome fairly quick.

Online experience pretty much the same as UK for Irish punters, restrictions, tracking, offers withdrawn, non payment etc..

40+ years punting has taught me that punters have brought the situation on themselves, will only get involved with a site like this, when they get shit on, but will moan daily on other forums, spending hours moaning but won't take 5 minutes to email/phone Government/Regulatory bodies and suchlike that might do something about the situation if enough people complain/highlight the utter crap that's going on.

To whoever runs this site, a big thank you for your efforts to date, to those who just observe and haven't even joined the site, remember it won't be long until a bookie screws you over, until then, just keep doing nothing and then come crying when your dough is robbed.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello Boys & Girls

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue May 09, 2017 7:55 am

Hi

Thank you for joining and for your kind words.

With the exception of none, you are correct about off-course bookmakers. We are still reserving judgement on BlackType. We've had a couple of complaints concerning account restrictions where there has been confusion about automated arbing, otherwise promising. To be fair after the latest one they did update their T&Cs in conjunction with ourselves - now's that's an unknown. Most bookmakers won't even speak to us. I wonder why?

Re punters, with the exception of a few you are again correct. Motivating people to take time to complain constructively to the relevant authority/regulator is proving hard. We understand for those who've tried in the past, as they were just 'fobbed' off. We do believe the climate is different now (we might be proved wrong)? Certainly the Competition and Markets Authority and the Gambling Commission are now making the right noises, but proof, as always, is in the pudding. We're less enthusiastic about the Information Commissioner's Office at present. They seem less proactive, but they may come good? IBAS, some but only a few signs of improvement. They still seem to have a very heavy telephone that often doesn't get picked up.

The less said about the Irish, Gibraltar and Maltese authorities the better.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 am

Hi punterofponies and welcome.PS I agree that punter apathy plays a sweet tune for the Fiddlers.I still have hope that this site will help but first they need us to help ourselves.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun May 21, 2017 8:44 am

Absolutely!! Get your friends to become a member of 'Justice for Punters'. It's free. We do not pass on their name or email address to anybody and all they need to do is email info@justiceforpunters.org putting Free Membership in the subject line.

The more members we have, the more power we have.

bluelionman
Supporter

Post by bluelionman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 8:44 am
Absolutely!! Get your friends to become a member of 'Justice for Punters'. It's free. We do not pass on their name or email address to anybody and all they need to do is email info@justiceforpunters.org putting Free Membership in the subject line.

The more members we have, the more power we have.
Just done. I hope this site will teach me how to complain and who to for best affecting change and punters rights - getting a fair deal. I was shocked being just a recreational bettor and facing these problems of limitations and restrictions more and more when over the long term I've lost thousands but now learning the hard way as I bet better get shut down.
Go Lions!

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:40 am

Hi Lion what this site will also teach you is less need to feel like a Villain because there are many of us being subjected to the same treatment. Having said that i still take it as personal refuse to lay down for it and fight back. One way you have already done via sharing your experience because while we do not get many who post on this forum there are plenty who read it.

The Bookmakers are counting on punter apathy but slowly the message is spreading, and thanks to the good work done by J4P some parts of the mainstream media which the large and powerful Firms are not able to "influence" are also starting to take an active interest.

bluelionman
Supporter

Post by bluelionman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:08 am

mick wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:40 am
Hi Lion what this site will also teach you is less need to feel like a Villain because there are many of us being subjected to the same treatment. Having said that i still take it as personal refuse to lay down for it and fight back. One way you have already done via sharing your experience because while we do not get many who post on this forum there are plenty who read it.

The Bookmakers are counting on punter apathy but slowly the message is spreading, and thanks to the good work done by J4P some parts of the mainstream media which the large and powerful Firms are not able to "influence" are also starting to take an active interest.
Thanks for your reply if I could see a like button or thumbs up to acknowledge it I would of used it to save cluttering up thread with a quote reply to show I read and appreciate your response. I just got another dreaded e-mail not 1 hour ago from 888Sport telling me I can no longer partake in there promotions. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because I turned a free bet I won from them into £350 a few weeks ago - was a long term market that finished. Then I withdrew £400 last weekend and now I get this. I'm gutted as I was really enjoying there 8 for 8 promotion.

I was about to say something - pose a question - but not sure I should post in public incase one day the books will use against me. Maybe I can PM someone.
Go Lions!

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 am

bluelionman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:08 am
I was about to say something - pose a question - but not sure I should post in public incase one day the books will use against me. Maybe I can PM someone.
No worries and a private word with Jimmy will ensure best advice. One of the aspects i like about J4P is that they are not anti bookmaker but anti injustice. With this in mind several years ago i started a thread to enable members to post positive experiences Re a fair bet and run, overt notification of changes to T&Cs and generally behaving in decent and honorable ways. As i recall the thread received no posts.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 am

Thank you for your kind words.

JJ

JAMES77
Supporter

Post by JAMES77 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 am

Hey fellow