No red tape when opening an account, only when withdrawing winnings

A place where you can introduce yourself to the 'Justice For Punters' community.
David
Supporter

No red tape when opening an account, only when withdrawing winnings

Post by David » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Anyone here had a bookie open an online account with no questions asked, take a deposit but refuse to allow a withdrawal unless OTT documentation is provided to 'prove ID'?

In my case, yes, the withdrawal is greater than the deposit, but only by £100s. I've provided them (Sky Bet) with what I consider reasonable proof of address and ID. Under the Data Protection Act, I maintain that they can't ask for more. IMO the law of the land should be final. But negotiations are continuing, so to speak.

I have accounts with four other bookies. None has ever asked for proof of ID, apart I assume from checking that I'm on the electoral register at that address. When I withdraw funds, the money is usually in my bank within 3 days.

I'm not trying to close the Sky a/c, just to transfer some money to my bank a/c.

Thanks.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: No red tape when opening an account, only when withdrawing winnings

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 am

Hi David

This is becoming more and more common. You must not dare to win or try to withdraw when you have won or you are likely to be treated like a criminal - it's disgusting.

I've attached our advisory file. If they don't relent and I doubt they will I would try 'Resolver' first (https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/sky-bet-complaints) or an email to their CEO.

I hope this helps?

JJ
Attachments
Know your rights when betting 08-17.pdf
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 6 times

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi David the "Verification" problem you experience is increasing and has become a total piddle take which all punters should be made aware of and feel angry about.You did right via your name and shame and all backers subjected to this treatment should do likewise where ever they can because this is the one thing that those responsible do not want or expect.

The GC have puffed themselves Re improving fair play for bookmakers customers and the first step should be a clear industry standardization of the Verification process which is currently being seriously abused by many firms.SkyBet and others hope that by delaying payment you will bet and lose back your winnings.

If a handful of us e mailed the GC about this it would make no difference but JFP now has a thousand reg supporters and if everyone of us did so then it might.How about it Jimi.?

PS David when you finally receive what is yours my advice would be close the account because based on my own experiences Skybet are not fit to call themselves Bookmakers.Should you dare to continue to turn a profit you will be limited to pennies at there prices.

Del
Supporter

Post by Del » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:32 pm

It is a delaying tactic and a pretty under hand one at that. Just as most of them don't process a withdrawal request immediately even once verified leaving it hanging there for often a day so that you can cancel the withdrawal in the hope you fritter it away. There is no reason they cannot process a withdrawal immediately especially for PayPal. If you have an online Lottery account any withdrawals are immediate and in your bank account within seconds usually, so it's perfectly possible.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 am

They delay payment all the time in the hope of people losing what should be back in their bank accounts. Scandal.