The UK Betting Forum

This is your chance to discuss any aspect of gambling. You start the topic and encourage others to take part and develop the topic with you.

Any advertising for gambling services will be deleted and the user blocked.
bluelionman
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The UK Betting Forum

Post by bluelionman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 am

Just tried to join forum after seeing this thread but not receiving the confirmation e-mail after registering. Even tried getting it resent but nothing is hitting my inbox?
Go Lions!

mick
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am

bluelionman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 am
Just tried to join forum after seeing this thread but not receiving the confirmation e-mail after registering. Even tried getting it resent but nothing is hitting my inbox?
I contacted the forums admin and they have just advised your now sorted. :D

bluelionman
Supporter

Post by bluelionman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

mick wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am
bluelionman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 am
I contacted the forums admin and they have just advised your now sorted. :D
Thanks I got an e-mail from 'arkroyal' informing me I was now manually approved. Cheers. 8-)
Go Lions!

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:19 am

After obtaining the owners permission and consultation with Jimmy I started a dedicated J4P thread on the UK Betting Forum, and yesterday a member shared a personal experience Re problem gambling. I though i would share my response on here because in different ways its relevant to us all. ?

Thank you for sharing your above and my very best wishes Re your Grandsons continued recovery. For the past few years via different tactics the Bookmakers concerned have been successful in suppressing the truth but less so now as increasingly the main stream media expose the full extent of what has been occurring. I suspect that the large chain Bookmakers reached a point whereby they felt they could do as they wished with no accountability but losing the FOBT battle proved otherwise.

Culling of winning customers by punitive restriction is killing the game but a far more serious consequence is deploying the opposite for losing customers which is actually killing people. There should be a more decent and acceptable balance obtainable and as the Bookmakers will not seek it our Government needs to. I would urge all members to spend a few mins sending an e mail to your MP because while a dozen of us doing so will make no difference hundreds just might.

I would also ask everyone to Reg as a J4P supporter because they are doing some good work Re the above and other matters and the more of us who support them then the better the prospects of some much needed changes being implemented. I am reaching the point whereby i am fed up with banging on about what is occurring but to stop doing so is exactly what the Bookmakers concerned wish for and anticipate.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:27 am

Thank you for sharing this.

To help UK Betting Forum members and J4Ps, I'm posting this link again: https://justiceforpunters.org/find-your ... tact-them/

This link provides contact details for every MP. With the Gambling Act (2005) review coming up there could not be a more important time to ask your MP to support gambling consumers. Most MPs haven't a clue about what is outlined here. The gambling industry has to be made to cease their 'bankrupt or ban' trading policy.

JJ