THE HBF

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
mick
Supporter

THE HBF

Post by mick » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:08 pm

I hope that some members of the HBF might become aware of this forum and perhaps feel able to use this thread to post about any plans progress and thoughts.I find Twitter a strange way to communicate and note that not much occurs on yours.When some of you did post on the BF forum you received some uncalled for abusive responses and hopefully the Admin of this forum will not tolerate same.

Regardless of other matters you have under consideration you have already identified account restrictions as the major concern from those who have contacted you so this would be a good place to start and focus on.Hopefully many like myself still wish to offer our support but more regular communication would be encouraging in this respect.

Cheers.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: THE HBF

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:22 pm

A number of the committee including the Chair (who I communicate with regularly) are aware.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:14 am

Next HBF meeting in London Mon 29 Feb. Features brief presentations from industry figures, including Nick Rust and BHA Chief Vet Jenny Hall.

HBF Gentlemen (and lady) the above from your twitter page and with respect it tells us nothing.? As i recall from four months ago one of your most worthy objectives was to establish the true extent (actual numbers i hope) of account restrictions and closures any updates or progress on this.?

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 am

The HBF was initiated by the BHA i have been advised that the "Volunteers" where told that little of thier free time would be needed yet they have already found the opposite to be the case.It is not the BHA staff who are tasked with responding to the many e mails and questions from those of us attempting to show an interest and offer support.

Was this whole thing a planned cosmetic exercise which the BHA are doing on the cheap.The BHA have a very large budget which indirectly we punters fund my thoughts are that this justifies at least one full time salaried staff member to look after our interests. I have advised them of same and of course this will make no difference but if many of us did then it might.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Please don't release a load of flame on this post I am but the messenger. During the last HBF meeting it became apparent that the BHA don't believe closed accounts are a significant problem. When the HBF pointed out it was we were asked to prove it. That is what we are intnding to do. We are sorting out the exact method at the moment. I will post here when we have decided what information we need then it will be up to you guys who have been restricted to help us out. I know many of you believe that the HBF/BHA are just bookmakers stooges. We are not. We have the opportunity to raise this with the BHA and we will need evidence. It will be interesting to see if ABP's appear amongst the bookmakers making restrictions. Personally I think the problem is quite large but we need evidence. Please watch this thread for further details or watch at the new HBF website http://ukhbf.org/

The above Just copied from the BF forum and posted by a member of the HBF.You will receive no flame from myself sir but the BHA deserve a large one right up the jacksee because the very first sentence of your above clearly shows that they have no idea of what is occurring and appear defensive when informed otherwise.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Our group have diverse feelings about the HBF. For me we should support what they do and only criticize, if and when, it becomes apparent they are problems or a lack of progress. My correspondence with them has been nothing but positive and they have already used our thoughts and evidence at their meetings.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:14 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:Our group have diverse feelings about the HBF. For me we should support what they do and only criticize, if and when, it becomes apparent they are problems or a lack of progress. My correspondence with them has been nothing but positive and they have already used our thoughts and evidence at their meetings.
Hi Jim the only criticism i offer is one of poor communication.I can see little occurring on their twitter site and on the few occasions one of the members posts on the BF forum its never on a dedicated thread and soon gets lost amongst the many others.I suggested to them months ago that creating their own forum might prove helpful and i note that they have now done so but to date all it contains is the notes from thier meetings and no opportunity for supporters to overtly post and interact.No guidance as to how we can collectively support them no up dates on progress or lack of and why.

This information released yesterday is a real kick in the nuts administered not by the HBF but by the BHA .Older members will recall our previous rulers The Jockey Club viewed as an elitist and privileged mob who where completely out of touch with the needs and concerns of the vast majority of race goers and punters.The BHA was meant to replace and negate this but based on there reaction to account closure's clearly have not.They created the HBF and when told by them that our major concern was account closures responded by not accepting or believing this.I wish i had been at that meeting.!

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:00 am

Good morning I note you have now started a forum which is a positive for those of us who do not like or use twitter but I find disappointment that your forum does not allow interaction via public posting.I suspect and hope that there are many who may still wish to support your efforts on our behalf but you make this difficult.

One of your panel was good enough to inform Re the BHA reaction to closed accounts on the BF forum but I would respectfully suggest that this type of info which is needed and appreciated would be better served via your own forum.

I sent the above e mail this morning perhaps they will feel able to use this thread it would do no harm.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Always worth a try. Well done.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:59 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:Always worth a try. Well done.
Perhaps not as this morning i received a reply to my above e mail.The reason given for not allowing public comment on their own forum is that they would then need to moderate / admin and this is time they feel unable to give. Increasingly i sense some disillusionment from the volunteers as they and more importantly the BHA appear to have under estimated the amounts of thier free time which would be needed to expedite matters.

With respect this does not help us.I did not direct the Chair to this site or thread but as you are in touch perhaps a prompt and also some assurance that you would admin to ensure non abusive posting might encourage the HBF members to post here.If momentum and interest is to be maintained then better communication is needed and if the current members cannot find the time for this or are not prepared to give it then you have to feel negative Re any positive outcomes.A situation which the Bookmakers will relish.

Imo the real villains are the BHA who have attempted to do this on the cheap.