Betbright

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
Raskolnikov
Supporter

Betbright

Post by Raskolnikov » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:43 am

This is just for information purposes.

I opened an account with Betbright about 3 weeks' ago.

Since then the details are as follows:

31 bets
6 winners
(All horses and all singles)

Total Stake £481
Average bet £15
Biggest bet £28
Smallest bet £2

Total Returns £726

Clearly a very good return, but one which everybody here knows will dip over the long term.

Last Friday I found out that any bet I wanted to place could only win a maximum of £50.
The following day any bet I wanted to place could only win a maximum of £1 - I was offered 12p on something at 7/1.

I've withdrawn my money - and it has now reached my account - but not complained about the restrictions. I suppose I just get fed up with the usual 'thanks for your custom, but our traders have taken a decision' etc.

When you speak to other punters about this they automatically assume you must be wining £1000s to get banned, whereas we know the reality is different.

So, that's my Betbright experience.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Betbright

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 am

Many thanks for your post. This is all crucial evidence in our fight and for our meetings with the Gambling Commission and Dept for Culture, Media and Sport. May we have your permission to use your experience anonymously. Thanks in anticipation.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 am

Hi R as you will be aware your experience with this firm is becoming the norm for many.We post on the BF forum and those as yet unaffected will often respond via "stop whinging and use the exchange" well i did and then received the PC and incidentally i am no punting guru the PC came after winnings low five figs ,and in fact this ytd i am losing money.

We need to fight back via acting collectively and i do believe that eventually this place will enable it.While we wait for the much needed numbers to grow it is good to exchange experiences such as you have shared.Being offered pennies at the price is pathetic and the more punters who are made aware of what might await them then the better the chance that they will also have the foresight to reg and actively support JFP.

Raskolnikov
Supporter

Post by Raskolnikov » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks everyone.
And yes, I'm happy to allow my information to be used for the purposes of assisting punters everywhere.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am

Thank you appreciated.

Restrictiing accounts is going to be a long haul, because it requires primary legislation to change UK law concerning the 'right to bet'. However, three of us met with the relevant senior government civil servant yesterday in London and the meeting went very well. It will require a lot of work and an official market review, but to my knowledge, it is the first time ever that punters have met in this way and had a discussion with the department that can make the legislative changes required.

Of course the bookmakers could save everyone lots of time and work and agree to a simple minimum bet rule. Will they? No signs whatsoever.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:43 am

The numbers who are restricted still remain a small percentage of the many who bet ,but i always feel that this sends a clear message to those not currently affected.It is these many whom we should also be seeking support from with the true message that "you could be next".

We are told that the books are no longer interested in horse racing business ,well lets organize a no one bets saturday and find out.I would imagine that with plenty of advance publicity that the main stream media would get involved and if do able this would present an ideal platform to get the message out there.?

Raskolnikov
Supporter

Post by Raskolnikov » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for the update on the meeting with the civil servant. Getting access to those people is not easy so you have done well there.

Mick's point about the potential power punters have is pertinent. If only punters would put their differences with each other aside and embrace a common objective then we would be in a much stronger position.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 am

Raskolnikov wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm
Thanks for the update on the meeting with the civil servant. Getting access to those people is not easy so you have done well there.
Second this,well done J4P.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:11 pm

You're both so right. We've got inside the doors we have by people sending evidence of injustice to us, primarily in private with plety detail. And on here.

Punters need to realise that f-ing and jeff-ing on forums has no effect on civil servants, which is what all the regulators are. However, the more good evidence you can provide, the greater pressure there is on them to do something. After all it is their job to represent the people, not corporations, but as we know they are under massive lobbying pressure to do the opposite. The bookmakers spend millions every year on lobbying, so it's an unfiar fight really, hence we need media like the BBC.

It ain't glamorous as it all happens in the background with the civil servants, but every TRUE story we have to take to them strengthens our hand, so thanks to those who've shared their experiences in a constructive way.

Long way to go yet, but at least punters are now around some important tables.