Bet365 the best?

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
dagtwo
Supporter

Bet365 the best?

Post by dagtwo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:30 pm

So I opened my third 365 account. The previous 2 last a year each time and I took around £5k off them, they gave me a good go. My third account was closed after 2 days and £700 profit. So much for them being the best. Very disappointing as I thought I'd last a few months at least.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Bet365 the best?

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 am

I suppose its £630.00 more than you would have got from Boylesports!

Thejudge
Supporter

Post by Thejudge » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 pm

I opened an account with B365 this year, had £1500 on Chelsea in league cup. Within 10 minutes i was restricted to £50 max liabilty bets on all sport. Could not believe it! Anyone think its worth requesting the data they hold on me under the data protection law? think they charge £10 for it!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 am

Certainly.

By coincidence we are just writing something new about this:

“You also have a right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request you should contact us in writing at:

Subject Access Requests c/o Legal Department, insert bookie name and head office address with a cheque payment for £10 made payable to bookie name (every bookmaker should have the exact detail in their T&Cs).

Nothing new, but we would like to remind everyone that you can do this. We would suggest you do, because quite legally you can force any gambling company to reveal all data they hold about you and this includes information requests they have made to Iovation. This may include things like; “Do you suspect this account is being used for arbing?” Yes we do have conclusive proof that some companies regularly ask this, so what other questions are being asked without the customer’s knowledge?”

If you’ve ever had an account restricted or closed, for many companies it is highly likely they will have made a data request to Iovation without you knowing. You have a right to know what was asked about you and your account activity. Submit your Subject Access Request NOW!

As always with gambling companies when you ask questions they do not want to answer, it will not be hassle free. At present we have one member who is attempting to get his full data, including Iovation data, but predictably the major gambling company concerned are lying. Why is this type of culture endemic? The company reveals some data, and then when he tells them he knows they hold more, the company comes back with a little more, so the game continues."

Bet365 do not use Iovation (iesnare), they have their own completely unexplainable Flash cookies that are likely to do a similar job. It is crucial you ask about more than the raw data they hold. They will likely just provide this core data first of all. You also need the data they have generated through analysis of the core data, as it will be very interesting.

Please do let us know how you get on.

JJ

Thejudge
Supporter

Post by Thejudge » Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 am

Great info JJ Thanks!

It would be brilliant if we could get a template letter written up for all customers to send to their bookmaker if they so wish! The more questions asked the better!

On a side note, retail/shops are exactly the same! they must inform you of your Monitored Customer Name, shops you are linked too, and comments on your betting/ appearance etc.

I'd advise all punters to spend £10 and get the information these bookmakers hold on you! It will be the best £10 you've ever spent! I bet you'll be amazed and shocked how much they actually know.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am

I have just copied the below from another forum.I recall the B365 case being mentioned on here and was wondering if there where any up dates.?

Martin Samuel in his Daily Mail piece reporting on the Joey Barton issue.
He highlights the case of 'one gambler opening an account with Bet365' she deposited £30k she immediately lost £23k. Bet365 sent her an e-mail saying the size of her maximum bet had been increased.
Then her luck changed. She turned the remaining £7k into £54k. At this point she received another e-mail telling her maximum bet was now £1.
She tried to withdraw her money only to find that her funds had been frozen.
She has been trying to get her money back for 12 months.
They then wrote to her telling her that because her account has incurred an administration fee for being dormant for a year. They charged her £2700. Her case is being investigated by IBAS (good luck with that).

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am

I'm on with the letter template later today.

Re the Bet365 case, the latest: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... en-account

You couldn't make it up. This industry is arrogant and in many ways absolutelt useless - shoot yourself in the foot or what! £2,700.00 for doing what: Er nothing. And arguably, you have withheld the customer's money unfairly in the first place.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am
I'm on with the letter template later today.

Re the Bet365 case, the latest: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... en-account

You couldn't make it up. This industry is arrogant and in many ways absolutelt useless - shoot yourself in the foot or what! £2,700.00 for doing what: Er nothing. And arguably, you have withheld the customer's money unfairly in the first place.

JJ
Cheers Jim and well done The Guardian.