Better Betting Campaign

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
mick
Supporter

Re: Better Betting Campaign

Post by mick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:59 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:
The main thing was Sarah Harrison admitting in public that they have concerns despite their being no right to bet.

I can say what, as yet, but we will be hainvg significant input in the new GC consumer initiative.

JJ
Good news Jim as the GC need there perch to be rattled.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 am

Certainly do.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:23 am

Hi Jim any updates or developments from the above.? This forum appears to have slowed down which is a great shame and exactly what the bookmakers would wish.I know you are doing much in the background but are then any bigger plans in the pipeline.If only the many backers closed down would come together in one place then we could make a noise which would be heard.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Yes Mick.

1. We're meeting with the CEO and two colleagues at the GC HQ in December.
2. We are preparing advice for people on how to complain to the CMA investigation including refusing bets and account closures among other things. Wil lbe available in the next 10-14 days.

Forum activity, I agree. We don't discuss easy ways to win money (i.e. lies); we don't allow abuse, we want people to post help with solutions not just moans, so I suppose that rules out 98% of regular forum users. We will get there, but it is amazing how many enquiries have been announced and how much media coverage there has been in the last 2-months and that is more important. People on forums do not change legislation/guidelines,rules, etc. and that is looking like it might happen due to all the work in the background with government and regulators?

MIGHT? We still need everyone to email the enquiries and keep the pressure on.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi Jim your above is well said.I look forward to receiving your advice.Thanks to the efforts of yourself and others slow but significant progress is being made.This gives heart and is appreciated.The bookmakers responsible wish for the many now affected to just roll over and disappear this is not going to happen.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:22 am

You're correct. We're not going away. What large corporate off-course accountants (note not bookmakers) have created over the last decade is a disgrace.