The Exchanges

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
mick
Supporter

The Exchanges

Post by mick » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:53 am

The remit of JFP is to expose and encourage change of the Bookmakers current poor practice and i suspect that as with myself the main concern is account closures.When i read other forums and a member posts complaining about this the frequent response from those not yet affected is "Well use the exchange" I took this advice and was then hit with the PC.I am not a large stake high roller and my winnings where low 5 fig.

The next alternative switch to Betdaq i had a look and it did not appeal as generally low liquidity.BF started with the "We welcome winners" puff and Betdaq "We do not have premium charge" even sponsoring races named the same yet i have recently been informed that some Betdaq customers have now been moved to a 10% commission charge.? If correct what is this.?

Both concerns are now owned by Bookmakers.!
Last edited by mick on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: The Exchanges

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:42 am

The two big exchanges being owned by major bookmakers is, but will be an even greater disaster in the long term. The same will eventually happen to Matchbook and Smarkets when the time is right.

All the coverage last week, shows there is a momentum now buidling for change with restrictions and BBC R4 'You and Yours' covering it again today sometime between 12.15-1.00pm. We've arranged an Aussie to be interviewed about their take on this. It will be very interesting.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:19 am

Hi I assume that all punters are by now fully aware that success is punished by either closure or severe restriction of accounts – What I believe is needed is more competition to force the bookmakers into operating fairer., as far as I can the only way to do this would by Via the creation of a HMG operated UK Parimutuel(not unlike the lottery) where like minded punters can get involved with other like minded punters without having the fear of excessive commission and costs and the constant threat of account closure. Any profits generated over and above operating costs could be ploughed back in Lottery Type grants either to NHS or local sports organisations

www.care2.com/go/z/e/AwBUL/zoyY/CrhGT

I have signed because the reasoning is good.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks for posting this. I'll also post it on Twitter.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:33 am

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... -Tote.html

Do you know anymore about this Jim.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am

I don't. I do know some on the HBF are supportive of it. I would be, but I would prefer them to look at a combination of pool betting and an exchange service where all commission went to racing. In today's market the only way a new Tote would be successful is if it offered good odds, i.e. the take from the pools were small. Sadly the two courses who've started their own (Ripon & Chester) appear ot be the opposite of this, i.e. truly awful odds.