Positive Experiance

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
dagtwo
Supporter

Re: Positive Experiance

Post by dagtwo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm on my second round of accounts except for (Betfred and Betvictor without best odds).

My experience in both rounds is more or less the same. Bet365 let you have a fair go if you keep stakes small £10-£30. I've taken around £3k off them this year with no restrictions yet - I know it's just a matter of time, and it will be a big blow to my online betting when I am eventually restricted.

Coral removed best odds within a week. William Hill have let me have a fair go but I don't think that's a winning account. Sky let me win around a grand over 6-months before restricting me to peanut bets.

Stan James restricted me after 2 weeks and taking around £100. Joke firm we all know that. I haven't even bothered opening a 2nd lot of accounts with the likes of Boylesport. It's not worth the risk and hassle trying to withdraw potential winnings.

It's quite incredible that I've still got my original Betfred account (around 3-years) with no restrictions, I have never had any problems with them. I've taken another £3k off them this year. I arb their price boosts every Saturday with the max £100. I must have taken close to £1k risk free from laying their Saturday price boosts. I'm not sure how I've got away with it. The same applies to BetVictor, though they withdrew best odds. I've had some relatively big antepost winners with them (one recently for £700 profit), but rarely use that account unless they are best price by 2 or more points as I prefer BOG.

I did leave a positive Betfred review on Trustpilot last year. Maybe they have treated me favourably because of that, or maybe I've just slipped under the radar., god knows.

I was betting £40-£50 per point on my original accounts. I now bet with £15 points and usually no more than 2 point bets. I try to spread the bets around the 3 main bookmakers I use (365/Will/Fred) even if it's just 1 point.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:04 am

Hi

Thanks for your post; interesting.

Whilst everyone seems to have differing experiences with differing bookies, seemingly for no obvious reason I do think there are one or two observatons that are more predictable.

1. Bet365 seem to have moved towards giving people a decent go over the last 6-12 months. Are they in front of the field again, i.e. Have they worked out that what others do - restrict very quickly - will eventually lead to legislation that bans this practice? Recent regular publicity is making this outcome more likely, so is it best to move first?
2. Stan James restrict 98% with ability very quickly, but pay out any balance promptly.
3. Boylesports restrict 98% with ability very quickly and you may have to 'jump verification barriers' to get your money.

We helped a guy get over 1K from Boylesports recently who were refusing to pay out his fairly won money. They backed down and paid as soon as the letter arrived from the small claims court. We would be interested to know of any other cases like this. It is only fair to point out that we only help people who provide all the relevant information, so that we can pass an opinion on whether the case is worth pursuing, before moving forward.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:03 am

Jim Re your above thoughts on B365 they might be correct but i also wonder if they have finally realized that getting rid of today's winners is costing them money because given the opportunity then many of those punters would become future losers giving back not only there gains but often plenty more on top.Even with EPs and or bog it is still very hard to make and keep long term gains and the harsh bottom line is that from the many who try very few succeed.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:37 am

Totally agree.

dagtwo
Supporter

Post by dagtwo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Looks like I jinxed it. Bet365 restricted me a few days ago. Wouldn't let me have £4 at 2/1.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Not good enough. I think we are seeing the publicity improving though. We've had input into two articles this week (Guardian and Irish Field) and ATR covered it today: http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-fea ... Aug%202016

There is more to come.