Positive Experiance

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
mick
Supporter

Positive Experiance

Post by mick » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:16 am

Ever the optimist i have started this thread in the hope that some may be able to advise of a more positive Bookmaker experience.The only firm i have found who will take a decent bet from a winning customer is Star Sports and i would not recommend them.They show no prices you have to phone them name the horse and then wait for them to quote the price which is always below what is offered elsewhere.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Positive Experiance

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Great shout.

A huge chance for a smaller off-course bookmakers to make a name for themselves. I think for the big ones, it's probably too late. This is just personal, but for small punters Bet365 seem to give you a fair go and some of their on-going offers are great, with few dodgy T&Cs that others use.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 am

Hi Jimmy i don't feel its too late for the bigger bookmakers but they do need to revise the way they do business.Increasingly the message is being heard Re thier reaction to a winning customer or even one who appears that he could be and i do wonder just how much this costs them Re new customers.Then you look at the T&Gs and verification hypocrisy of some of the new ones and again with increasing neg publicity aval regarding this many might now be thinking what's the point.

Dispite feeling angry at the treatment i have received i always attempt to self case and present a balanced view,Your reference to B365 being a good example certainly the best of the bunch in my experience but they still closed me down.

So like yourself i would welcome reading of members positive experience so that i might enjoy similar.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:41 am

I hope you're right, but my hopes are not high.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:41 pm

A positive experience for myself today but i suspect less so for others.I seldom bet at the front of the market but by yesterday lunch time i had concluded that a max stake was in order for todays kemp 5.40 Dreaming Again ,i set a min price of 11/4 and yesterday afternoon the BFSB opened at 11/4 i knew it was a waste of time even via third parties attempting to get any of this but assumed that the others would offer same but i was wrong as a next best 5/2 soon went and the animal was heavily backed both last night and throughout the day.Once it became clear i would not get my 11/4 i lost interest.

I have just looked at the result and was surprised to see he ran a poor race fin 5th 15/8 fav but the bigger surprise was to note what must have been a late jockey change from an experienced lad who had ridden him a winner to a young lady who has yet to ride a winner.I can find nothing on the BHA site Re what time this switch took place and what explanation was given by the stable.Hopefully under the circumstances one was sought.

Anyway thank you the BFSB traders because if you actually took a proper bet at your prices you would now be holding onto a lump of mine.

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:33 am

Was the jockey switch made because others (not you Mick) did not get on, hence they wait for another day? Am I cynical or what.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:Was the jockey switch made because others (not you Mick) did not get on, hence they wait for another day? Am I cynical or what.
In this instance i think this might be so, as mentioned i swerved because my min price was not available but given the circumstances i think the many who did back the animal are entitled to an official BHA investigation and explanation.

When i first became interested in the horse's chance at the 48hr dec stage the lad M Godwin (who had won on him before) was also shown as riding one of Carrolls in the same race.This was later changed to just DA but that lad also had two rides at the afternoon ling meeting with the later one being a Carroll 20/1 shot in the 4.25.The journey between the two courses was do able but likewise a ready made excuse via traffic problems.? The switch was very late not picked up by the general public or the off course markets but even if it was genuine with other more experienced apprentices at the meeting why replace with this young lady and why was she aval at short notice when she had no other booked rides on the card.?

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Corals gained a lot of publicity via thier offer to lay any cash customer to win 5k at thier advertised prices on selected TV races and 2k on all class 4 or higher.? I have not tried this yet but was wondering if any members have and how they fared.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:03 am

I know one well known website/club organiser who has and despite his local Coral's manager not wanting to take his bet (he was banned from the shop), when the manager rang through to H/O he was told to take the bet. So, in this case Coral were true to their promise.

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:22 am

Jimmy Justice wrote:I know one well known website/club organiser who has and despite his local Coral's manager not wanting to take his bet (he was banned from the shop), when the manager rang through to H/O he was told to take the bet. So, in this case Coral were true to their promise.
Then fair dues to Corals i have lost the habit of betting with cash perhaps its now time to retry.I read recently that 80% of our paper money in circulation tested positive for traces of Cocaine i hope thier traders do not know this.!