188bet - Limited to £10 stakes after just one bet!

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
Lives90
Supporter

188bet - Limited to £10 stakes after just one bet!

Post by Lives90 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Firstly, I'm no stranger to being heavily stake restricted by bookies. This one however is a tad ridiculous!

After placing just 1 x £500 bet on a high profile football game(which wasn't even that great value) I have been limited to £10 max stakes across all football markets.

When queried they gave the usual unhelpful spiel but how on earth can a trader come to the conclusion after just ONE bet that I need to be severely stake limited? My account has been open for less than a week! Is this how they treat new customers?!

Bizarre. Presume there's nothing I can do about this?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: 188bet - Limited to £10 stakes after just one bet!

Post by Jimmy Justice » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:12 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Due to poor regulation 188Bet can do what they like and often do, so you're correct there's nothing that can be done for this experience with 188Bet.

All I can 'beg' you to do is email the Sports Minister Mims Davies: mims.davies.mp@parliament.uk Her staff are responsible for the legislation that needs changing urgently. Why should you do this:

1. J4P is hoping to meet with her civil servants again in the first quarter of 2019.
2. The product bookmakers are advertising does not exist, hence their product breaches UK consumer law.
3. One part of her role is to help ensure that gambling in the UK is 'fair and open'.

4. THE GAMBLING COMMISSION WILL DO NOTHING!! (yes you read it)

It really is up to punters to bombard her with logical reasons, not abuse, which never works in this type of situation.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm

I know nothing about football betting ,but Re horse racing then anyone who bets for a whole year without showing a loss is doing well and this being so its amazing that punters get prevented via restriction.I suspect that most if allowed to continue would lose back the gains which caused the restrictions and some would do plenty more on top.I wonder how much this sad practice has actually cost the books on balance.?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

Agreed! But, so many companies with gambling licences in the UK are not bookmakers, so they don't understand what you're outlining.

JJ